Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Supposedly sleeping with coworker? slander?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:33 PM
  • 14 Replies

There is a rumor going around at my workplace that me and a guy there are sleeping together. We are both married. Our boss has approached him & several other people asking them if its true & whats going on between us, but she has yet to say anything to me. Of course we are nothing more then friends. Can she go around asking people these things?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2_3blessings
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:34 PM
No and I would go to her and tell her it needs to stop .. File a complaint with hr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole548
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:35 PM

I would, but her and the head of HR are best friends. And I mean BEST friends. Ugh

Quoting mom2_3blessings:

No and I would go to her and tell her it needs to stop .. File a complaint with hr

KaitelynnesMom

I dont think she can unless it is causing major issues in the work place, even so i think you and him would need to be confronted not anyone else

5tyli5hLensT

Quoting mom2_3blessings:

.betty.white.
by bilf on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:35 PM

sexual harassment 

Slander per se  (Worst kind of slander there is in many ways but won't go into legalities)

You've got yourself a case if they make it a hostile environment were you feel ostracized and embarrassed.  Document everything.  

Ryansmom2004

If there is a rule against co-workers sleeping together she has a right to get to the bottom of any rumors, but she should call you both into the office to discuss it instead of asking other people and making the rumor worse.

CayShek
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:36 PM
You need to file a complaint w HR!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
summerlove3677
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:36 PM

you need to be careful. that happen to a girl i worked with when i was working and after a while, they both got fired. but it turned out that they were sleeping together but still, at the time, no one really knew that they were

nicole548
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:57 PM

I'm so frustrated with the whole thing. I even have coworkers coming up to me and asking "are you two having an affair"?

nicole548
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)