Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen suicide

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:00 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm watching the movie, To Save a Life with my kids. The movie is amazing and I recomend everyone with a teenager or preteen to watch it with their kids. Its a great movie with great morals.

This is a song from the movie, I love it.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Dark_Rain
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:04 PM

BUMP!

-Texas-Mommy-
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:04 PM
Will have to watch it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.betty.white.
by bilf on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:06 PM
Bbump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dark_Rain
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Its an awesome movie and the song really hits home.

Dark_Rain
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:10 PM

All it took was ONE popular kid to step up and stand up for what he believed. He saved lives with his actions.

Ladywithtwo
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:10 PM
I didn't know that's what the movie was about. I'll have to watch it now. I'm doing my clinical week in a psychiatriac in-patient crisis hospital this week. There are a lot of young people there for suicide attempts :( Some of their stories are heart breaking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dark_Rain
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:18 PM

I think this movie should be shown in schools, health classes. The movie is basically about 2 friends who grew up together, one chooses the popular kids over the kid he grew up with. He basically forgot all about his friend, after his friend actually saved his life when they were kids and wound up permanantly crippled from it. The friend he left behind was bullied and ignored. Until he finally brought a gun to school and shot himself in front of his former friend. It really opens his eyes and changes his life.

Quoting Ladywithtwo:

I didn't know that's what the movie was about. I'll have to watch it now. I'm doing my clinical week in a psychiatriac in-patient crisis hospital this week. There are a lot of young people there for suicide attempts :( Some of their stories are heart breaking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)