Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grumble grumble grumble...!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:27 PM
  • 23 Replies

I am not one to complain very much when it comes to restaurants, as long as my food is ok.... however

I went to Subway to get my family some sandwiches tonight and I do try to give them the benefit of the doubt...I work at a job where I am face to face with the public and have for several years. I KNOW what it's like to be flustered or have a bad day, but i was the ONLY customer in line. I walked in and the place was EMPTY. I ordered 3 sandwiches- you would have thought I ordered 60 from the lk on this girl's face. She was working by herself, although there was another girl in the back doing some prep. Please tell me why did it take 20 minutes to make 3 freaking sandwiches?! I used to work at subway. I could have made those sandwiches in 5 minutes. really. 

but the worst part of all was the fact that the girl waiting on me was talking to her friends, a couple of guys sitting over in the seating area. and the girl across the way at the pizza place. and when the other subway employee came up front, to her as well. very rude, like they didn't care to be there or care that there were customers standing right in front of them.

I just don't get it. When you work at a job like that, you should be friendly and give the customers your full attention and try to get the job done as quickly as possible (as fast as you can while still getting a good end result...i know if you rush you dont get quality) Especially when you are dealing with HUNGRY customers. You really just shouldn't get in the way of hungry people and their food! Just why? Why can't people be bothered with giving good, friendly customer service? it's your job! that's what you're paid to do!!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stykir
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:02 PM

BUMP!

mes_deux_amours
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Sounds like she HATES her job and wants to be there to socialize. Super ridiculous. She should just get you in and out.

mackiebugsmom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:13 PM
I hate it when people act like that. I was a cashier for years and to me part of the job is to be friendly...even if you dont feel like it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Litlmama87
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Well, I would have let her make them, ring them up on the register, said "Oh, you're ready for me now?" then turn around and walk out without paying.

taKENheart
by Flovely on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:21 PM

that does nothing to the worker unless you make a complaint and it makes her still hungry

Quoting Litlmama87:

Well, I would have let her make them, ring them up on the register, said "Oh, you're ready for me now?" then turn around and walk out without paying.

Litlmama87
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:25 PM

If she just wasted 20 minutes doing something she was trained to do in less than 5 minutes, I'm not putting money into that business. I'd rather spend my money somewhere else. If I felt the need to complain, I would call the following morning and speak with a manager. 

Quoting taKENheart:

that does nothing to the worker unless you make a complaint and it makes her still hungry

Quoting Litlmama87:

stykir
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah, i was irritated and hungry and that would only have created wasted food, no real reprimand for the girl. I've never seen an actual manager there...no mature adult who has any authority and i've been there different times of the day. And i'm not one to get all upset over stuff usually, but there's no call for the rudeness. I'm gonna find SOMEBODY to tell about this and maybe they can give their employees a little training in proper customer service. I happen to know that the company has training videos and it's something they go over. It's just sad that people aren't expected to be friendly anymore.

taKENheart
by Flovely on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Ok glad you've got a plan or have planned for future disappointments.

Quoting Litlmama87:

If she just wasted 20 minutes doing something she was trained to do in less than 5 minutes, I'm not putting money into that business. I'd rather spend my money somewhere else. If I felt the need to complain, I would call the following morning and speak with a manager. 

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting Litlmama87:

taKENheart
by Flovely on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:31 PM

I like your way of thinking ;)

Quoting stykir:

yeah, i was irritated and hungry and that would only have created wasted food, no real reprimand for the girl. I've never seen an actual manager there...no mature adult who has any authority and i've been there different times of the day. And i'm not one to get all upset over stuff usually, but there's no call for the rudeness. I'm gonna find SOMEBODY to tell about this and maybe they can give their employees a little training in proper customer service. I happen to know that the company has training videos and it's something they go over. It's just sad that people aren't expected to be friendly anymore.

Litlmama87
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:34 PM

?

uh, I've done it before.

Future disappointments, that's kind've deep. I don't think i'll be crying because I walked out on a five dollar footlong.

Quoting taKENheart:

Ok glad you've got a plan or have planned for future disappointments.

Quoting Litlmama87:

Quoting taKENheart:

Quoting Litlmama87:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)