Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Biologic infusions?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:29 PM
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone had biologic infusions for rheumatoid arthritis (or know anyone who has)? I am really wanting to hear from some one who is familiar with this

http://www.webmd.com/rheumatoid-arthritis/guide/biologics

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mamacruz13
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:36 PM

My mom takes Remicade treatments every 6 weeks for her psoriatic arthritis... I bet she didn't know the medication was derived from human genes... Fascinating.

DuchessTara
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Quoting Mamacruz13:

My mom takes Remicade treatments every 6 weeks for her psoriatic arthritis... I bet she didn't know the medication was derived from human genes... Fascinating.

How does it do for her? Ive  got no problem borrowing human genes if its effective. I would really like to know if it improves her quality of life.. Ive got severe RA and Im desperate at this point

Mamacruz13
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Quoting DuchessTara:

Quoting Mamacruz13:

How does it do for her? Ive  got no problem borrowing human genes if its effective. I would really like to know if it improves her quality of life.. Ive got severe RA and Im desperate at this point

Before she started her treatments she was to the point that getting out of bed was like knives stabbing every joint in her body and it was almost impossible for her to move. The day after her first treatment she was like a brand new person and had no pain at all. She stays pain free until about 4-5 days before her next treatment when the meds begin to wear off. She has never had any type of ill side effect from the treatments and she has been doing them for at least 2 years now. She has to have her blood checked each time as well to test her immune system because the treatments tend to lower it.

DuchessTara
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Oh this makes me want them so bad! Im going to talk to my Ra dr about it...that souns like my life!

Quoting Mamacruz13:

Quoting DuchessTara:

Quoting Mamacruz13:

Before she started her treatments she was to the point that getting out of bed was like knives stabbing every joint in her body and it was almost impossible for her to move. The day after her first treatment she was like a brand new person and had no pain at all. She stays pain free until about 4-5 days before her next treatment when the meds begin to wear off. She has never had any type of ill side effect from the treatments and she has been doing them for at least 2 years now. She has to have her blood checked each time as well to test her immune system because the treatments tend to lower it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)