• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

??

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:35 PM
  • 10 Replies
How do you get over your past? My mind is always drifting to my past especially when things aren't going that great. Am I the only one this happens to? :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
artsygirl2010
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:36 PM

you look forward and move on

mama_2_jasper
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:36 PM
Be here now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tammi4
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I struggle with my past constantly. You're not alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gemikris82
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:39 PM

you just gotta tell yourself whats done is done, you cant change it and try to move on.

ColorMeCrazy
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:40 PM
2 moms liked this

You're not alone, my past haunts me terribly. I'll be honest, I suffer from depression and anxiety, so I take meds that seem to help a bit. One non-drug thing I do is to surround myself with nice things. I went on Facebook and liked a bunch of inspirational pages. Every day they post TONS of beautiful pictures and nice quotes, they help to brighten my day. I've started a Pinterest account and made a vision board and I pray quite a bit. I saw this picture today, I LOVE it :)

"The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward."

candi0689
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:41 PM
Everyone looks on their past but the past is in the past for a reason, live day to day cause your future is uncertain. Never second guess your actions. Things happen for a reason and some things are eaither meant or not meant to be, learn and move on :) also helps to vent to a friend on how ur feeling. Your not alone :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CeeGee81
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 8:43 PM

I have no idea.

I am constantly haunted by my past and have no idea how to move on from it.

Jamie0908
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:39 PM
I'm haven't disappeared ladies. I'm just taking it all in trying to cope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jamie0908
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:42 PM
I absolutely love that quote! I made a background with it for my phone to help me. Thank you! I'm bipolar but I refuse to take meds (they made me emotionless) so I know how you feel. You have great ideas! The snail is so cute

Quoting ColorMeCrazy:

You're not alone, my past haunts me terribly. I'll be honest, I suffer from depression and anxiety, so I take meds that seem to help a bit. One non-drug thing I do is to surround myself with nice things. I went on Facebook and liked a bunch of inspirational pages. Every day they post TONS of beautiful pictures and nice quotes, they help to brighten my day. I've started a Pinterest account and made a vision board and I pray quite a bit. I saw this picture today, I LOVE it :)

"The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward."

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:46 PM

forgiveness towards those who made mistakes including yourself and try to learn from any bad situations.  Stay in the present and step into the future.  There are days i play the "what if" game and it is a dangerous game. Look at all the positive things that may be occuring around you today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)