Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't you hate when...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:16 PM
  • 15 Replies

people butt into a serious convorsation?

I do.

I was just trying to have a serious convorsation with my aunt about my future and baby. Well of course my cousin had to be a part of the convorsation. I'm trying to talk to my aunt and she has to add some smart ass comment every time I stopped talking and my aunt started. Sometimes I just want to scream. I hate it. This had nothing to do with her, but she makes it about her when I tell her she will not be babysitting my daughter alone. My cousin is 13 and not in the least bit responsible. It's not going to happenn.

Just needed to vent.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momcat437
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Hm...being that she's only thirteen, maybe you could politely say, "Excuse me, but this does not concern you"--that works for just about anyone, actually...

RadnRem
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:22 PM
Did either tou or your aunt tell her to can it?
She's 13, someone should have reminded her of that.
How old are you? If you are close in age, I can see why she would think her opinion counted in the matter. Doesn't mean she was right, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RadnRem
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:23 PM
Excuse the typos....I'm mobile.
Dh has taken over my laptop!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan1213
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:23 PM

That doesn't work with her. If I would have said that she would have freaked out and it would have made it worse, she doesn't like not being involved in everything. This happens all the time.

Quoting momcat437:

Hm...being that she's only thirteen, maybe you could politely say, "Excuse me, but this does not concern you"--that works for just about anyone, actually...

CafeMom Tickers
mackiebugsmom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:24 PM
Thirteen year olds dont have a filter sometimes...rude? Maybe. But she is a kid she will grow out of it. When i was 13 i wanted to be included in everything. I also started babysitting at 13 but i understand your caution.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megan1213
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Well we're 7 years apart. She just likes to think she has a say in everything especially when it comes to my baby. For what reason I do not know.

Quoting RadnRem:

Did either tou or your aunt tell her to can it?
She's 13, someone should have reminded her of that.
How old are you? If you are close in age, I can see why she would think her opinion counted in the matter. Doesn't mean she was right, though.

CafeMom Tickers
Freakin.Insane
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:26 PM

slap her ;)

..just kidding.....kinda

organicyogalove
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:26 PM

Not to mention its illegal to leave a child with anyone under 14 in some states....

Megan1213
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Believe me, sometimes I want to lol. I would never tho.

Quoting Freakin.Insane:

slap her ;)

..just kidding.....kinda

CafeMom Tickers
RadnRem
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:30 PM
Why doesn't her mom correct her?

She's going to get much worse if no one deals with her being rude like that. 13 y/o try doing that a lot, but the adults need to address it. That crap doesn't work in real life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)