Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Adopted My Huband a Puppy. (PIC) UPDATE. 11/10 9:03 am

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:20 PM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this

Her name is Mouse. DD thinks she's named after Minnie Mouse, but aparently she was named Mouse because of what she looked like at birth. She's 8 months old, and sooo sweet. I pick her up at noon tomorrow.

UPDATE 11/10 9:03am *** I am going in 2 1/2 hours to the shelter to wait on them to open so I can get her. I got a call last night that if I wasn't there at noon she would be going to an adoptathon drive. So I will be there at 11:30 to wait so I don't lose her. I am still so freaking excited about getting her. She's way too cute and we bonded.

*About Me* My name is Kirstee. I'm the 21 year old momma to an angel, Ryan Scout (RIP 09.12.06), a little princess, Brookelynn Twilight (06.07.08), a little prince, Rylan Schyler (07.19.09), and our other angel baby, Kingley (RIP 04.28.11). I've been married to the love of my life and bestfriend since July of 2008, but we've together longer then that! Nothing will ever keep us apart!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Kelsmomma123
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:21 PM
Aww good luck!! I am so happy to see someone adopt a pet!! My doggy is a rescue too..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sillymommy521
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:22 PM

Awww <3 DD's nickname is mouse. lol

Young_Mommy89
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:22 PM
Awe yay!!! My girl is a rescue! Best dog I've ever had
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Awww, she's cute! Congrats on your adoption.

Mrs.Roozen
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I went out there for a 6 week old bulldog puppy, but ended up with this one in my lap eating my hair as I filled out her forms.

TigressLily
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome! As Kelsmomma123 said, I love to see pets rescued! Everyone deserves a second chance!

I rescued my pup from an abusive home. It took us about 2 months to get him to really play like a puppy. He was always cowering at the slightest movement and seemed to not even know how to play really. Then for almost a year we had a problem with him stealing our food when we weren't looking and with him using the potty in the house and running off when in the yard. He is now almost 2 years old and he is finally grown up! He doesn't use the house, he doesn't steal food, and he doesn't run off anymore! I praise him as much as possible when there's food where he can get it if one of us forget to pick it up out of his reach, and he leaves it alone. And when I have to leave the door when I turn him out, when I am able to go back, he's either sitting or laying in the yard or sitting on the porch, waiting to be called in. I praise him and give him treats a lot for it any time he does good so he sees the positive reinforcement. He's done a complete turn around since I first got him. The poor thing, not sure when or how it happened, but his tail {about an inch from the tip} is literally broken! It makes it look like his tail is curled a lot more than it really is. It doesn't seem to bother him, but it bothers me knowing it. All he needed was someone to show him some love and attention, as with any pet.

Mrs.Roozen
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:18 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)