• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not sure what to think!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:34 PM
  • 19 Replies
My ds has a lot of behavioral issues, so we try to keep close tabs on what happens at school, and he gets lots of praise and positive reinforcements at home for good school days. Today, he came home very excited because he had a smiley on his hand (they draw it on when he's had an especially good day as a reward). When I sat down with him to identify his good behaviors at school and praise him, I looked more closely at the smiley, I saw that the smiley had an "x" on it. He didn't seem to understand what the x was about, he was just so excited about the smiley. :( What so you guys think about this x'ed out smiley?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyChristina1
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:34 PM

:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlebeans88
by Traci on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:35 PM
Do they usually cross out smiley faces they've put on their hands?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MLefty
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:35 PM

I think he needs to tell you.  I don't believe he doesn't know, unless he really young.

MommyChristina1
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:36 PM
No, usually he gets a smiley or he doesn't.

Quoting skittlebeans88:

Do they usually cross out smiley faces they've put on their hands?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyChristina1
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:38 PM
He doesn't understand that the smiley was x'ed out. He says he "got a letter too".

Quoting MLefty:

I think he needs to tell you.  I don't believe he doesn't know, unless he really young.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MLefty
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:39 PM

That would be pretty hurtful to have a smiley X'd out if that is what they did.  They shouldn't give it until he's walking out the door then.

Quoting MommyChristina1:

He doesn't understand that the smiley was x'ed out. He says he "got a letter too".

Quoting MLefty:

skittlebeans88
by Traci on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:39 PM
What does the letter say?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyChristina1
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:42 PM
There is no letter, he was referring to the x on the smiley.

Quoting skittlebeans88:

What does the letter say?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:42 PM

I would have him tell me about his day...I can't believe they would x out his smiley..Maybe not give him his smiley til later in the day...HUGS to him...It proves he's trying tho....

MommyChristina1
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 9:44 PM
That's kinda what I was thinking. Like it sounds like something they would do because they were angry.

Quoting MLefty:

That would be pretty hurtful to have a smiley X'd out if that is what they did.  They shouldn't give it until he's walking out the door then.

Quoting MommyChristina1:

Quoting MLefty:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)