Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trust....

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:17 PM
  • 3 Replies

Ok...  Here is my question and maybe someone can help me..

DH is a recovering alcoholic.  He has been sober for a little over two months....so he is relatively new in it all.  He has been out of rehab for two weeks.  I am having major trust issues.  Not as in...he is cheating on me trust issues.  More as in..  Okay..he is 20 minutes late...where is he...trust issues.  So my question is how do I work on this...and what is a reasonable amount of time to not freak out when he is late.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Thats difficult. Because he has broken your trust I don't think things will really ever be the same. You have to think if you can do it, not if he can!

tgirl715
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:14 PM

It will take time I don't think there is any amount of minutes that will make you feel better. It is a whole new situation and since he broke your trust it will take a while to get back. I would suggest telling him if he is running late to text or give you a quick call that way you won't be wondering where he is. Recovery isn't easy on either ends so hang in there.

SnapIt
by Movin' on up on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Time

and even with time you may never get that back as close as you once had it. 

trust is a earned and he will have to do his all for you to gain it back.

You are going to have to learn to read his good acts before reading his bad habits first.  You won't be able to do that overnight or within a few weeks. It's still too fresh for you. Time

Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)