Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dh makes me crazy!!! Lost $500!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:18 PM
  • 39 Replies

I love my dh and we have a great relationship but he is the most forgetful man I have ever met! Along with a bad memory he is also very unorganized and he can't keep track of things. I have to to remind him constantly to do things. He has had a check that he needed to deposit for over two weeks but kept forgeting or making excuses. I asked if he lost it and he insisted it was in his car and would take care of it. Anyway, today he tells me he tried to deposit it but can't find it! Urgh, I can't help but feel like I just can't trust him. He really is a good man but this one thing is so frustrating. I am glad it wasn't a paycheck but it is still money that we would have had, now I don't know if we will get it back :(

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama_2_jasper
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:20 PM
Take control of the finances until he can prove responsible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasaint
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:20 PM

My DH is the same way when it comes to misplacing things. I would never ask him to get a check to the bank LOL.

I hope that check turns up for you!

mes_deux_amours
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Who was the check from? Can you just ask them to stop-pay and reissue it?

rocknmom85
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:23 PM

I do deal with most of our finances but the check was written out to him so I am pretty sure he is the only one who can deposit it. Our paychecks are automatically deposited thank goodness!

Quoting mama_2_jasper:

AliIzzyMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:25 PM
Has he been evaluated for adult ADD or ADHD? Not trying to be rude but it sounds alot like it.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AliIzzyMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:26 PM
If you are both on the account and he had previously signed the check and had a deposit slip ready you should be able to deposit--for future reference ;-)

Quoting rocknmom85:

I do deal with most of our finances but the check was written out to him so I am pretty sure he is the only one who can deposit it. Our paychecks are automatically deposited thank goodness!

Quoting mama_2_jasper:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yezay
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:26 PM

Quoting mama_2_jasper:

shyopen
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Did you ever feel that maybe he is forgeting on purpose to see what you will say.   Don't say anything for a couple of days and don't worry about it.  The check will turn up somewhere.  Have you tried going thru his pockets or his car?  He may have misplaced it in his unorganized mess.  Let him know you trust him and you are sure he will find it in time.  Be patient with him.  Find ways of improving his memory.  Go online and see what you can find to improve it.  Our dear H are all forgetful in areas, and I just learn to put up with it because I love, honor, respect, and trust him, and remember that I married him for better or for worse, thru sickness and in health. 

rocknmom85
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Well actually there were 3 small checks that equalled $500 which makes it more complicated. One was for $100 from dh's grandma for a gift, another for $50 from an aunt and the last one was a reimbursement check from dh's work for $350...there may have even been a 4th check but im not sure :(

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

Who was the check from? Can you just ask them to stop-pay and reissue it?

comf
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:29 PM
He can just sign his name, and write endorsed to you. For future reference.

Quoting rocknmom85:

Quoting mama_2_jasper:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)