Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DS told me his teacher slapped one of his classmates today...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:56 PM
  • 15 Replies
DS is almost 4 and in private preschool. He told me tonight his teacher slapped a boy in his class because he hit someone and told him he was being disrespectful and she will tell his Mom. DS is so young I can't imagine he would make this up with all the details. I'm in shock though. Wwyd? Do I say something to the teacher? If so, what? Do I go straight to the office? Wait it out and ask DS about it in a few days to see what he says?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cnm5381no2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Go to the office and tell them what ds said.  They can question him, the teacher, and the children involved in the incident.  He should know the name of the kid slapped, he does right?

momcat437
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Go to the principal and tell him/her what your ds told you--if you go to the teacher, she may deny it and/or make things hard for your ds...very sad...

jess227ny
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:59 PM
Yes, he said he couldn't remember who that kid had hit though. Only part of the story that was "missing".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comf
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:59 PM
I would remove him from the class and complain to the principal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jess227ny
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:01 PM
That's what I'm afraid of he is only in preschool. My stomach is in knots right now :(

Quoting momcat437:

Go to the principal and tell him/her what your ds told you--if you go to the teacher, she may deny it and/or make things hard for your ds...very sad...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momcat437
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:02 PM

I'm so sorry! I hope you can get to the bottom of this...

Quoting jess227ny:

That's what I'm afraid of he is only in preschool. My stomach is in knots right now :(

Quoting momcat437:

jess227ny
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:02 PM
That's not an option :( there is only one other preschool class and I have seen how she talks to her students. This teacher is a montessori certified teacher and has been there 25 years.

Quoting comf:

I would remove him from the class and complain to the principal

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jess227ny
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:05 PM
I'm getting more pissed as I think about it!!! This is a private school, his teacher has been there 25 years. Why the F are schools/ teachers so F..ed up sometimes. No not all but, some are really messed up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sometimesitis
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:38 PM

I would talk to the teacher first.  Maybe she has permission to spank (i.e. she is family, friend, etc)

Astaroth
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:39 PM
Hm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)