Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DD bus driver and helper make me so mad.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:15 PM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

My middle DD takes the bus to school and home from school. The bus has car seats and safety vests. Well I was telling her teacher that they shouldn't be wearing winter jackets in the car seat because it is unsafe. Well they were ignoring me so today I walked over to the bus and asked my DD what do we do with our jackets when we get into our car seat. The bus driver interrupt her and says leave them on. I proceed to tell him that no we take them off. He tells me we don't have time for that. I told him how unsafe it was. He completely ignors me and blows me off. Well I proceeded to call the school and raise some hell.  Guess what?? She came home and wasn't wearing her jacket in the car seat.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
carlycarson
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:11 AM
I know what you mean! I leave the coat on and strap on over his clothes so the coat is over the straps. Well they get mad because it's hard to get them out and have to put the coat back through! So when they pick him up they race me to put him in, and I just say he's my kid I will do it:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Emblie
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:24 AM
Sorry I misunderstood the post! You did the right thing. I take my ds to school so I don't have to deal with the buses.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trachmom312
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:41 AM

I wish I could but we only have one vehicle and my DF takes it to work.

Quoting Emblie:

Sorry I misunderstood the post! You did the right thing. I take my ds to school so I don't have to deal with the buses.

cnm5381no2
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:45 AM
Atleast your buses have car seats. Our buses don't even have seat belts. You're lucky. And I know for a fact that the bus drivers only have a minute or less to pick up each child and by us they pick up and drop off for all three schools so they are on a tight schedule. Just be thankful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:16 AM
3 moms liked this

We never had car seats or seat belts on our school busses. Does the bus have a heater?

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 5:45 AM

I am glad the school listened to you and that she was not wearing her jacket in the car seat. Winter jackets are big and heavy. 

epoh
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 5:47 AM
Good for you for standing up to them!

What kind of bus does she ride that has carseats an seat belts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallnangel3
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 5:53 AM
Hope your dd doesn't freeze all winter now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trachmom312
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:31 AM

She is in head start. And yes the bus has a heater. Her bus driver and the helper don't even have jackets on when they pick her up.

trachmom312
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:35 AM

She doesn't wear her jacket in her car seat and she isn't cold and I live in a place where we get 300' pf snow a year.

Quoting fallnangel3:

Hope your dd doesn't freeze all winter now

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)