Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD??

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:20 PM
  • 6 Replies
What would you say if a teenager in your life told you they thought their friend was contemplating suicide?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Fatal_Frost
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:22 PM

I'd want to know what evidence they had, what things were being said, etc.  There's a fine line between being actually suicidal and doing it for attention...  My first suggestion would be to tell the teen in  your life to phone a teen crisis hotline and talk to someone trained to deal with that sort of situation, they might have suggestions for he/she to try with his/her friend that could help...

christyg
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:24 PM

I would take them very seriously. There have been a lot of teen suicides in my area lately and it is devastating. If this teens parents are decent people, I would probably go straight to them. If not, maybe talk to the school? 

dommad2
by Tamara on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:25 PM
I have my side covered. I faced ths so wanted to post the question out their to help others face the possibly question.

Quoting Fatal_Frost:

I'd want to know what evidence they had, what things were being said, etc.  There's a fine line between being actually suicidal and doing it for attention...  My first suggestion would be to tell the teen in  your life to phone a teen crisis hotline and talk to someone trained to deal with that sort of situation, they might have suggestions for he/she to try with his/her friend that could help...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmygrandbaby
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:26 PM

I would notify the guidance conselor and parents.

dommad2
by Tamara on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:29 PM
Thank you.

Quoting christyg:

I would take them very seriously. There have been a lot of teen suicides in my area lately and it is devastating. If this teens parents are decent people, I would probably go straight to them. If not, maybe talk to the school? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dommad2
by Tamara on Nov. 10, 2011 at 7:31 AM
Thank you

Quoting luvmygrandbaby:

I would notify the guidance conselor and parents.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)