Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Telescope

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:29 PM
  • 13 Replies

I told DH I want a telescope for Christmas and he said OK... Only now I don't know what kind to get lol I've looked around online and I'm just so very confused. I was wondering if anyone has experience with them and can suggest one?  thanks :D

Well done. Here come the test results: You are a horrible person. That's what it says, 'A horrible person'. We weren't even testing for  that."

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BelleJenWaffulz
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:49 PM

BUMP!

angelenia
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:54 PM
i have no clue but that's totally friggin' awesome that you want one. My secret xmas wish is a microscope. I will have to buy it for myself, i'm sure, but i'm thinking about wrapping it anyway and tagging it 'from Santa' because it would tickle me to see the look of surprise on their faces when i open it xmas morning:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BelleJenWaffulz
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Quoting angelenia:

i have no clue but that's totally friggin' awesome that you want one. My secret xmas wish is a microscope. I will have to buy it for myself, i'm sure, but i'm thinking about wrapping it anyway and tagging it 'from Santa' because it would tickle me to see the look of surprise on their faces when i open it xmas morning:)

haha that's great! When I was in HS I wanted a microscope because I loved my biology class but at the time, even a little dinky one from walmart was out of our price range. Now, I think I'd just further my OCD and mysophobia if I got one lol

but i'd love to be able to see if I could find anything pretty to look at out in space (like duh lol) but I'm torn between that and getting a solar one to see the sun... but I guess I could get the solar filter... Now I'm rambling lol

I know I'm going to be the one wrapping it once I decide on one and dh orders it, but oh well lol at least it'll be something I want lol

Well done. Here come the test results: You are a horrible person. That's what it says, 'A horrible person'. We weren't even testing for  that."

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

angelenia
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:22 AM
ooooh, i didn't know they made solar ones. Seriously cool, but yeah, i think getting a telescope with a solar filter has much more delightful possibility:)

mysophobia? What is that a fear of? I recently realized i am terrified to my core of large, deep bodies of water, like oceans. I can't even watch them on t.v. And have nightmares about them all the time. I think it has something to do with my fears of the unknown and fear i'll be overwhelmed by my emotions, but still. Just seeing a nature documentary of large sea animals like whales gives me palpitations. All.that.water. Criminy i need to stop. Sorry for the weirdo phobia exposition:/

yay, you are getting a telescope!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:23 AM

oooo telescope. GOOD ONE!!!

I know nothing about them so I have no good advice, but that's an awesome gift idea!!!

BelleJenWaffulz
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:30 AM

lol mysophobia = germophobia, just the "real" term (they're both real terms lol)

see... I LOVE the water, oceans and shit like that... but I can't go IN them. I'm terrified of sharks lol

but yes... lol... YAY TELESCOPE!

Quoting angelenia:

ooooh, i didn't know they made solar ones. Seriously cool, but yeah, i think getting a telescope with a solar filter has much more delightful possibility:)

mysophobia? What is that a fear of? I recently realized i am terrified to my core of large, deep bodies of water, like oceans. I can't even watch them on t.v. And have nightmares about them all the time. I think it has something to do with my fears of the unknown and fear i'll be overwhelmed by my emotions, but still. Just seeing a nature documentary of large sea animals like whales gives me palpitations. All.that.water. Criminy i need to stop. Sorry for the weirdo phobia exposition:/

yay, you are getting a telescope!

BelleJenWaffulz
by on Nov. 12, 2011 at 11:34 PM
Bump to see if anyone knows anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BelleJenWaffulz
by on Nov. 13, 2011 at 12:45 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SandraJo
by on Nov. 13, 2011 at 3:08 AM
I have an Orion and its great! I could see Saturn's rings. It was a reflective, so the end was open. Which meant on humid nights moisture got inside. Next time I'm going for a refractive. I think that's what its called. It's the kind made with the glass instead of mirrors. So I think the end would be closed.
But I think Orion is the company I got it from and they have great customer service. I had my scope delivered, went to assemble and found I was missing a big important piece on the mount. I called them, told them what happened and they immediately sent out a new piece.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SandraJo
by on Nov. 13, 2011 at 3:10 AM
And get a lunar filter if you want to look at the moon. Full moon + telescope equals headache and burning eyes. But the view was worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)