• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Offensive?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:32 PM
  • 79 Replies
1 mom liked this
My dhs niece just turned 13 and her mom could really care less about her. I'm going to put this in the nicest way possible but she has severe body odor. Her mom hasn't given her deodorant or anything of the sort. So my question is would it be offensive to make a little gift basket of deodorant and bath wash and stuff like that and give it to her for Christmas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angie729
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:34 PM
I dont think so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
weezer_cookie
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
No way, that would be great. One less thing for kids to make fun of. To be honest, I would sit down with her ASAP instead of waiting until Christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comf
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:36 PM
No way you should probably do it now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
3 moms liked this

I would include some nail stuff or some makeup, loofahs, etc. Make it look real pretty and I dont think she will be.

3xangel
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:36 PM

i think that's a great idea

3lilmonsters88
Well we live about 3hrs away. She just happened to be up here over the weekend and I should of gave her some then but I felt like it wasn't my place.

Quoting weezer_cookie:

No way, that would be great. One less thing for kids to make fun of. To be honest, I would sit down with her ASAP instead of waiting until Christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norwgnwood
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:37 PM
2 moms liked this

Any way you could just make this an "I love you because you're my niece" gift and not give it to her at xmas? Maybe even sit her down and have a talk about it. But no one wants deodorant for xmas.  Its a very nice gesture just not Christmasable. :/

skittlebeans88
by Traci on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:37 PM
This!
Probably the sooner, the better.

Quoting weezer_cookie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cnm5381no2
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:38 PM

I would if the mother is neglectful.  I make my 11 yo son wear deodorant already because I don't ever want to smell body odor or have him made fun of.

3lilmonsters88
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:40 PM
Oh I know. I am always worried about body odor.

Quoting cnm5381no2:

I would if the mother is neglectful.  I make my 11 yo son wear deodorant already because I don't ever want to smell body odor or have him made fun of.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)