• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you want to learn to knit?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:37 PM
  • 3 Replies

There is a thing called loom knitting. while i personally think knitting and crochetting is a lot faster, this is pretty simple for people who don't know how to use the regular crochet hooks or knitting needles, and its fun. I am having a ball with it.

The knitting loom sets come in long looms to make flat peices like a scarf and blankets and round looms to make hats, slippers..basically anything you can make with knitting needles you can make with these things. To make larger peices you do have to sew peices together with a needle but that is easy.

there are all kinds of videoes on youtube and different blogs and facebook pages out there to help you but the stiches are so basic. its pretty much just a wrap wrap again and then lifting the bottom loop up and over the top.

Anyway give it a whirl if you want to get into the world of knitting. I was quite suprised at how fun the looms are.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:55 PM

I tried to learn to knit, never could get the hang of it. I can crochet, sew, and cross stitch, but I cant knit.

MixedCooke
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:16 AM

i would like to re-learn the sewing machine because I have forgotten since middle school.  Knitting and Florida really doesnt mix because it never really gets that cold to need something knitted.

SMRagan
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 8:56 AM
Used to knit in high school. Life is way to busy now to have time to sit and knit anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)