Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did your child act after vaccinations?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:39 PM
  • 22 Replies

My little boy goes tomorrow for his 2 months shots. I'm so nervous. I'm debated for a solid month rather to take him or not and if I should delay any of them. But I guess we're just going to get it all done at once. :\ 

How did your little ones react? How long did they cry? How long did it take them to get back to normal?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
karabearblu
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:42 PM
My dd Just had her two month shots a few weeks ago. She slept all day and all night and only woke to eat a few ounces. I was worried but she was back to normal the next day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fordprefect
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:43 PM

When they were babies they would be a bit grumpy if I didn't give them tylenol right after. Other than that they have always been ok after receiving shots.

moomoo24
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:43 PM
my daughter is almost a year old and has never had any problems or reactions to the shots. she cried until i picked her up and she was fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:45 PM

The first few times she got shots she was fine. at 9 mos though she had a very bad reaction to the shots and we havent gotten them since. 

I will add that a reaction as severe as my DDs isnt common, and I am in no way saying you shouldnt get the shots. I am sure your little one will be fine.

mandee1503
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Ds only fussed for a few seconds. He gets his 1 years tomorrow. Both kids were fine.

ejbljb
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:56 PM
Just a little bit cranky for the day. She also slept a little bit more than usual.
unique_puzzle
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:02 AM

I have two children that are now 7 and 6.  With my first we delayed/selectively vaxed.  My dd only had the polio vax and the Pertussis vax when she was about 2.  I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary when she got the shots.  Before my son was born I had decided on not vaxing anymore at all.  I strongly believe that the POSSIBLE harmful effects from the toxic ingredients in the vaccines far outweighs any possible benefit.  Many of the illnesses that the vaccines are meant to protect against are acute illnesses.  I try to keep my kids immune systems healthy through healthy food and supplements and plenty of excercise.   

MixedCooke
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:17 AM

they didnt cry for very long, she was a bit whiny because they usually give it in their thighs, so they were a bit tender.

3LittleMonstrs
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:19 AM
When their babies they usualy cry for a few seconds...sleep a majority of the day just keep up with the tylenol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3lilmonsters88
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:20 AM
Just cranky and I give him tylenol right after so they slept a lot that day. He will be ok.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)