Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How is this for a weird, small world

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:06 AM
  • 56 Replies

I'll try to make this so that you don't get confused...as much as I can.

OK so I had a high school friend, let's call her V.  We were friends all through HS and she knew the man I married.  I get married, he joins the army and gets stationed in Germany.  I don't get there until his 3rd assignment post there.  We come back to the states and eventually divorce.  A year after my divorce I meet my current husband and after talking we discover that my ex was one of his soldiers in Germany before I ever got there.  Years later my ex tells me he is getting married....guess who he ends up marrying LOL.  My old HS friends brothers ex wife.  So now my kids SM is my friends brothers ex.  Weirds me out even today.  None of us knew the other at these times and all had moved off at one time or another.  I just can't wrap my head around this but I love to tell it.

Do you have any stories?

by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by Sexy and I know it on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:09 AM
My ex husbands new wife (4 years young than I am) was a camper at the horse riding camp my dh went to and worked at all thru school. and guess who she ha a crush on the entire summer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:10 AM

My previous boyfriend's mom and my dad lived down the street from each other as kids.
My mom and I went to a stamp class where we met a really nice lady who turned out to be that boyfriend's aunt.

my DHs mom and my stepmom used to bond during their father's firefighter softball games, saying that the other's dad was cool and their own dad was so weird. hahaha 

taKENheart
by Flovely on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:10 AM

I have to add that my ex met his current wife online while she was still with her ex..confused yet? LOL

amyrw
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:12 AM
3 moms liked this

When I was 6 years old we moved into a new house.  The people next door had 2 kids, a boy my age and a girl a year younger.  I lived there for 13 years and me and the girl became best friends.  We have never lost touch even when she moved 4 1/2 hours away when she joined the navy.  I consider her parents to be like my 2nd parents and they consider me to be like a daughter.  Kelly and I always say we share a brain b/c we finish each other sentences and dress almost identical even though we don't plan it.  We always said we should've been family (we've been in each others lives for 20 years now).  Well a few years ago I started doing research on my family history and paid for a membership on ancestry.com.  I spent 2 years working on my family tree. 

I went over to my best friends house and was showing her mother how everything worked and while I was working on the family tree I realized that the line ended up in her family.  So come to find out, my best friend that I've always considered family...really is family.  Her mothers side came from my great grandmothers line of 19 brothers and sisters.  It was so crazy.

taKENheart
by Flovely on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:22 AM

Impressive story!  So happy for you!!

Quoting amyrw:

When I was 6 years old we moved into a new house.  The people next door had 2 kids, a boy my age and a girl a year younger.  I lived there for 13 years and me and the girl became best friends.  We have never lost touch even when she moved 4 1/2 hours away when she joined the navy.  I consider her parents to be like my 2nd parents and they consider me to be like a daughter.  Kelly and I always say we share a brain b/c we finish each other sentences and dress almost identical even though we don't plan it.  We always said we should've been family (we've been in each others lives for 20 years now).  Well a few years ago I started doing research on my family history and paid for a membership on ancestry.com.  I spent 2 years working on my family tree. 

I went over to my best friends house and was showing her mother how everything worked and while I was working on the family tree I realized that the line ended up in her family.  So come to find out, my best friend that I've always considered family...really is family.  Her mothers side came from my great grandmothers line of 19 brothers and sisters.  It was so crazy.

PookaboosMom
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:23 AM
I work for a granite company in florida, but used to own a contracting company in indiana. A man that works for the cabinent contractor we use here in florida used to work for my contracting company back when my fil ran it in indiana. He has been here for 10 years ....i just started working for these people last month .....i also went to school with his niece
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:26 AM

I've got two little ones.

My sister and her ex husband "met" each other for the first time when they were both three and invited to a mutual friend's birthday.  His family lived no more than two blocks from us for years but they never knew each other then.  They didn't actually "meet" until they were both in high school.

My husband had his 18th birthday, in basic training, when I was 12 days old.  :-D

kjfamily
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:26 AM

My husband's uncle who is gay had a baby with C and they were together before he came out of the closet..They broke up when he said he was gay and then she got with his brother and they had a child..So these two kids are cousins and half sibilings..

taKENheart
by Flovely on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:29 AM

Oh I just remembered another one from this.  My SD's ex wife married his brother years after the divorce so the kids SD is also their uncle.

Quoting kjfamily:

My husband's uncle who is gay had a baby with C and they were together before he came out of the closet..They broke up when he said he was gay and then she got with his brother and they had a child..So these two kids are cousins and half sibilings..

hailey3
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:31 AM
One sister was married to my first husbands brother, the other is married to their cousin. I divorced and married my ex husband's dhs friend. He divorced me and is engaged to my ex husband's ex hs gf. She was engaged to my first husbands brother before him, and dated my brother in hs. My brother then married her cousin and have 6 kids together. If u followed that I applaud u lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN