Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Soap or vinegar in the mouth?

Posted by   + Show Post
Have you ever put soap or vinegar or even hot.sauce in your childs mouth? What do you think of.people that do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 16, 2011 at 9:38 PM
Replies (351-360):
kiki304
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 6:25 PM
I have used pepper in the mouth when my kids would say a bad word, so I don't think it's abuse. But I only use out at a last resort
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laurenb1
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 6:25 PM
I'm against any type of punishment that causes physical pain. I think timeouts are more effective, if I gave my son hot sauce he'd like it haha
Momforhealth
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this

it's mean. what kind of discipline does it teach other than to fear the person who is forcing it down their throats.

crazyallis
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 6:32 PM
2 moms liked this

I would never do this to a child. I had a teacher when I was in first grade wash my mouth out with soap.So thankful it was not hot sauce.. I didn't like it then, and I sure don't like it now and I am 61yrs old today. I would beat someone ass today , teacher or not if they put hot sauce or soap in my Grandchildrens mouth.

TealRose1
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Abuse plain and simple.  What I think of people that do that to children you really do NOT want to hear!!!

Soap is so dangerous - it foams, it causes choking - and the newer gel / liquid soaps are even worse for foaming in huge amounts.  As for hot pepper - THAT is totally evil.  It is also exceptionally dangerous.  Children have very delicate mucous membranes which burn and blister very easily.  Just go and ask your local hospitals to see how many children these days are being taken in with blistered mouths and eosophaguses, and with breathing problems too.  I know of several adults who suffer with stomach/IBS type problems due to having been 'hot sauced' as children. 

It's torture, it's abuse, it isn't kind, it IS cruel.  There are dozens of ways to teach children without cruelty.  If you don't know them -  then go to places like Gentle Parenting .. 

Jazmyn823109811
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 6:35 PM

I don't think it's abuse. But I wouldn't do it. If DD ever back talks me or cusses I'll just pop her either on the butt or lightly on the mouth like I do my younger brothers.

TealRose1
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Why ??  Why use hot sauce for a 'bad word' ??  You ignore it, it usually goes away.  You make a big deal out of it you get it in your face day in and day out.

Do you use hot sauce on the plumber's mouth when he swears while fixing your washing machine ???  

It's abuse.  

Treat the earth well.  It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.  We do no inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. Ancient Indian Proverb

Wyldbutterfly
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 6:41 PM
2 moms liked this

I can't get over how many people think this is abuse.

It's absolutely no wonder kids today are disrespectful little piss pots.

"go to the time out chair Tommy" Give me a break!

R2ch231
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 6:41 PM

We were told to take a tablespoon per day to cleanse out the kidneys when i was a kid. i had lot of uti's.. so vinegar isn't all that bad for the kids if anything it will keep their kidneys and bladders from getting an infection! love you sign

MZ82
by on Nov. 17, 2011 at 6:42 PM
Soap...eh...it happens but, still isnt right. Anything like hot sauce is pure abuse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN