Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who in here eloped?

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:11 AM
  • 28 Replies

Hi Ladies,

Did you and your DH elope? Tell me about your experience. Did you tell your family before or after you eloped? Where did you decide to elope?

=)

If you didn't elope and you had to go back and do your wedding over, would you spend more money or less?

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ballerina18
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:19 AM

No one?

BV88
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:23 AM
We couldn't elope because we had to get our parents permission (we were underage) lmao. But we never had a wedding or anything... No regrets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tannaris
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:24 AM
Well ... We didn't elope but, we did go to Vegas! I wouldn't change things for the world! Everyone knew and everyone was invited. Those who could came. We then went to Disneyland for three days and then spent a night in San Clemente (sp?). We both got tats at Venice Beach.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Regina_Falange
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:24 AM
I secretly eloped. Don't recommend that. Didn't tell anyone for 8 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lavanda

we eloped.. told family afterwards.  they knew we were getting married they just didnt know when.  we just picked a day we were both off work and went to get a liscense and picked a name off the list they gave us for people who could marry us and walked over there.

ballerina18

Quoting MissMissfit:

I pre-planned eloped with my ex-husband when i was 19. My parents knew. I don't know if his did. Hardly any of my friends knew. I regretted it for many reasons...most being who i married and why. ...

I just got married again (im 27 now) and we did the medium sized fancy wedding. It was so stressful. I don't regret it bc the end result was SOOOO much fun, but i will never ever ever do it again. It was expensive and stressful. Worth it, but I'm happy i will never go through it again.

Thanks for your reply. SO and I have been putting of marriage because I have been in college ever since we met without a break. I'm finally graduating this December and I'm thinking I just want to elope. I hate the idea of getting stressed out with the wedding process so I dunno.. I'm definitely curious to hear everyone's stories =)

Cake.Lady
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:26 AM
We did. We got married in the back seat of a limo, driving down the strip in Vegas, just the two of us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina18

Quoting Regina_Falange:

I secretly eloped. Don't recommend that. Didn't tell anyone for 8 weeks.

How did your family react when they found out?

CrickettyBoo
1 mom liked this
I eloped the first time around. We we're supposed to have a wedding but I got a surprise (pregnant) & suddenly, I didn't want the stress that goes along with weddings. Only our parents knew....they went with us to the courthouse.

Second time we had a low-key, informal but BAD ASS wedding:) Took only 2 months to plan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yo_ho
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:27 AM
We did the big wedding. Next time it will be a destination wedding with just family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)