Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP!

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:20 AM
  • 16 Replies

I am due next month and I haven't had a good night's sleep in over a month. When I lay down to go to bed after 30 minutes at most I get pains in my legs similar to what your legs feel like after running a marathon. It prevents me from sleeping for more than 30 minutes at a time from the pain. No matter how many times I flip over it just starts hurting on the other side. I've tried pillows but it does NOTHING. Can anyone help please? I used to sleep 10 hours a day, now I'm lucky if I get 6 hours in 30 minute incriments. I'm SO TIRED my eyes sting when I shut them. PLEASE HELP ME! Any suggestions?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yo_ho
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:21 AM
Unless there is a reason you can't, Benadryl is safe for pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littleonemommy
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:23 AM

I was going threw the same thing and I talked to my ob about it and he told about these sleep aid vitamins and I take them every night and only wake up every 3 or 4 hours

Lostinindy
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Have you had your potassium levels checked? That can cause the leg cramps. My mom swears by drinking grape juice before bed. I hope you get some sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:24 AM

My DR reccomended it, I just am scared to try it... maybe I will. I'm looking forward to my epidural so I can take a nap while I'm in labor LOL. I slept through the whole thing last time. 

hp2011
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:26 AM

OMG do you know what they're called?! LOL I'd give my right arm to sleep for 3 consecutive hours!surprised

Quoting littleonemommy:

I was going threw the same thing and I talked to my ob about it and he told about these sleep aid vitamins and I take them every night and only wake up every 3 or 4 hours

CafeMom Tickers
ProudMama_2010
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:26 AM

try sleeping in a chair??? idk.... simplest soloutions are often the best ones. LOL

littleonemommy
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Melatonin (3mg) 100% safe during pregnancy. Hope this helps :)

Quoting hp2011:

OMG do you know what they're called?! LOL I'd give my right arm to sleep for 3 consecutive hours!surprised

Quoting littleonemommy:

baby boy

Little One 12.12.11

BunkyBoyd
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:28 AM
I had the same problem! I started eating bananas everyday and it worked! The potassium worked womders! Now i only wake up every couple hours to pee!
Ive been preaching bananas all over the place!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:31 AM

Quoting BunkyBoyd:

I had the same problem! I started eating bananas everyday and it worked! The potassium worked womders! Now i only wake up every couple hours to pee!
Ive been preaching bananas all over the place!

Do you get charlie horse cramps or just all over muscle pain? I know potassium is great for charlie horses but would it work for my muscle pain that is consistent throughout my entire leg(s)?

CafeMom Tickers
hp2011
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:32 AM

If I had a chair comfortable enough to even attempt sleeping in I would SO try it haha.

Quoting ProudMama_2010:

try sleeping in a chair??? idk.... simplest soloutions are often the best ones. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)