Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am broken and have failed my son.

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:37 AM
  • 46 Replies
2 weeks ago, my friend informed me he needed his truck back. I was using it while DH and I saved the money to have my car fixed.

Let me just say right now, I am not in any way upset, angry or any other negative emotion towards my friend. He was great to let us use it in the first place.

I feel like I have failed my son, because I haven't had a way to get him to school most of this week. My car is in the shop and still probably won't be fixed before thanksgiving.

He's been kicked off the bus this year due to not following the rules. I live to far out of town for a taxi, and there is no other public transportation. We also live about 10 miles from the school, so walking is not an option either.

My son said to me today, "mom, I need to be at school today. I have a test." I didn't know what to say to him. I told him I was very sorry, but I had no way to get him to school today.

I can't just pick up and go somewhere. I hope and pray every day nothing happens to one of my boys so I don't have to figure out how I'm going to get them to the hospital.

Oh yea. How could I forget?! I also lost my job because of lack of transportation.

I just needed to get this off my chest. If you read this, thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlwaysKISA
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:39 AM
2 moms liked this
ok please dont take this the wrong way....i really don't want to sound harsh....but this is his fault too! If he had acted properly on the bus and did what he was supposed to he wouldn't have a problem right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
5-kids
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this
im sorry, mama. can you not find someone who will be willing to pick him up and drop him off for school? have you talked to the school about this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmericanChild82
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:40 AM
Do you have any family or other friends that can help?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kylenkodysmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:42 AM
You are 100% correct. It's not all my fault that he can't get on the bus, I just feel like it's all creeping up on me. I haven't really allowed myself to think about all of it until tonight.

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

ok please dont take this the wrong way....i really don't want to sound harsh....but this is his fault too! If he had acted properly on the bus and did what he was supposed to he wouldn't have a problem right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charley427
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Is there any way the school could send like a smaller bus or van to get him. I know my old district did that for kids who couldn't be on the regular bus for what ever reason. I am very sorry you are going through a hard time.2 years ago I lost my car and soon after lost my job becuase I was depending on co workers to get me to and from work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amirahca
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:43 AM
Y so far from his school?
FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:43 AM

hugs

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:43 AM

I agree. Hugs!

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

zachzmomma07
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Hugs.

AlwaysKISA
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:44 AM
Don't feel bad. You will get through this. Hugs to you! Chin up!

Quoting kylenkodysmom:

You are 100% correct. It's not all my fault that he can't get on the bus, I just feel like it's all creeping up on me. I haven't really allowed myself to think about all of it until tonight.

Quoting AlwaysKISA:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)