Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cafe Mom admin ....Please!!! Update....

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:44 AM
  • 266 Replies
1 mom liked this

For those who are just coming into this post this morning and this afternoon we had a Mom during the night who was threatening to take her own life and many of us were very concerned and afraid for her. We were trying to find a way to get to her before it was too late. Thank God that there was a Mom still up who saw the post and knew her and had her address...because of her we were able to get the police where she lives out to her home to make sure she stayed safe.

The reason for this post and not sending a pm to cafemom is because I have been in this situation many times before and have contacted cm...the response is long in coming and frustrating at best...it looks like this...

Hi,

We have contacted the member in question and sent her a link to our Member Resources page.

We understand your concern, however, we cannot verify the information that members share about themselves or their situations.

We believe that CafeMom members can be supportive and helpful to each other, especially in times of need.

Thank you for your caring and for being a member of the group,

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Though I do understand the privacy aspects of everything on the part of Cafemom...I know there are moms on here who for various reasons do not want anyone to know who they are irl...it is difficult to not at least be told whether or not anything other than a pm was done. especially knowing that sometimes a pm at that point won't be seen.

In the case of this post it was an attempt to get a response sooner than through a pm ...which in the past has taken sometimes an hour or so and sometimes  many hours. Last night with the post it was nearly 1 1/2 hours before I got a message that they had seen my post and wondering how they could help. By that time because of another mom on here the situation was already being taken care of.

Myself and I'm certain the other moms who were where last night appreciate ALL the concern being shown for the mother who was in crisis last night...please continue to hold her up in prayer....Thank you and God bless!

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:44 AM
Replies (1-10):
cjsix
by faith on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:45 AM

BUMP!

Tammi4
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:45 AM
?????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pse07
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:46 AM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by faith on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:49 AM

Please I need a CM admin right NOW...It an EMERGENCY!!!!

lokizmo
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:49 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheshireCat420
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:49 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:49 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommamichi11
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:50 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:50 AM
Please help :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BV88
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 2:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)