Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If You Spend $1000 per Kid at Christmas ...

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:43 AM
  • 417 Replies

how old are your kids?  I can't imagine finding $1000 worth of stuff for my 3 and 1 yr olds.  I can easily see finding stuff for my 10 and 8 yr olds.  I suppose it would be even easier once they hit the teen years.

Oh and totally NOT bashing people who spend this kind of money.  That's awesome!  Keep spending it, it helps the economy and keeps retailers in business.  I'm just curious if someone is spending $1000 on a little kid and if so, what are you getting them?

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
randomosityblog
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:43 AM
32 moms liked this

I think spending that much is ridiculous, so I can't answer. BUMP

fisterswife
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:44 AM
3 moms liked this
Trust me, you can spend that much on a 3 year. Just keep buying...lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:45 AM
4 moms liked this

I could easily spend that much on my kids if I wanted to. I don't want to. LOL

angi07
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:48 AM
Omg I could do it my kids are 6&3& 6 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matofour
by Gold Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:48 AM
4 moms liked this
We could easily spend that much per kid.
Electronics are expensive, we just bought 4 iPod touches, (64 gb). Those were not cheap.
I would say this year we have spent more than normal on our kids, but all our bills are paid, we aren't broke, we aren't borrowing money. We have the money.
There have been years we spent much much less.
Not that it matters either, but no one else buys our kids anything. My husbands family doesn't exchange presents. And my family is spread far and wide..we all have to travel to see each other on the holidays. So we do small trinket gifts for the kids and spend the money doing stuff together. This year we are spending two nights (dec 26,27). In upstate NY together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:49 AM
5 moms liked this

That is insane. I wouldn't spend that much on my kids even if I had it to spend.

We are looking at spending around $150-$200 per child this year.

SnapIt
by Movin' on up on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:49 AM

1000 on each kid?

lmao

CallxMexMama
I spent 1,000 on my kids this christmas but that's for both kids. They are 7 and 4.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607

we don't necessarily spend $100 a child, but depending on what we plan to get them it could amount to that and has in the past. Really only for my oldest child. Last year we wanted to re-do her bedroom(not furniture just accessories) but we also wanted to get her fun things. She was 10 at the time. she got Ugg boots and an ipod touch. So it definitely reached the $1000 range.

However my boys who were 6 and 5 at the time probably didn't come anywhere close and I don't imagine we will spend that much on either of them any time soon.

SapphireMomma
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:50 AM
3 moms liked this
This. I can't justify it.

Quoting randomosityblog:

I think spending that much is ridiculous, so I can't answer. BUMP

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)