Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HAIRDRESSERS??

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:45 AM
  • 8 Replies

what can I do to add some moisture to my fried hair? It's been lightened many times and it's just done. When I brush through it, I can hear and feel it breaking. My ends look like straw.. help!  Oil treatments? Moisture treatments? I don't know what to look for at Sallys.

by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
malissaL
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

refrain from washing it every day. try a deep conditioner and use a wide tooth comb to work it through your hair in the shower and leave it in while you wash/shave etc. a good 5 minutes at least. Use the coolest water you can stand to rinse it. let it dry at least 50% on its own before applying any heat to it, and do not brush it while it's drying.  I use aussie "moist" and it's worked great. Also when you wash your hair (shampoo) concentrate on your scalp no need to scrub the shampoo into your ends. good luck

I am not a hairdresser, but i'm blonde with very coarse hair.

Momx3.
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Thanks! At this point i'll give anything a try :) I love aussie products too so this shouldn't be too hard!

Quoting malissaL:

refrain from washing it every day. try a deep conditioner and use a wide tooth comb to work it through your hair in the shower and leave it in while you wash/shave etc. a good 5 minutes at least. Use the coolest water you can stand to rinse it. let it dry at least 50% on its own before applying any heat to it, and do not brush it while it's drying.  I use aussie "moist" and it's worked great. Also when you wash your hair (shampoo) concentrate on your scalp no need to scrub the shampoo into your ends. good luck

I am not a hairdresser, but i'm blonde with very coarse hair.

liveforever
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:58 AM

I have a friend who is a hairdresser. She said to put a good deep conditioner in your hair and then wrap it in a towel. Leave it for around 15 min. The natural heat from your body will help to intensify the conditioner.

Ive done it and my hair has always come out really soft, but mine isnt as chemically damaged as yours....still worth a shot.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:01 AM

When my hair is damaged, I wash my hair after dinner and let the conditioner dry in it and then rinse it out the next morning. 

.Pagan.
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:02 AM

i trashed my hair a while back getting black out of it and i got a pack of clear shower caps and a jar of super moisturising conditioning stuff from the African American section at walmart. i put half of the tub on my hair then put my hair in the cap and let it set for abt an hour. i did this for two days and my hair is fine now :) there are some split ends that need to be cut off still but when i run my fingers through it it is nice and soft :)

js321
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:04 AM
Deep conditioning treatment.... Keratin treatment will be good. Try to stay away from heat ( blow dryer flat iron curling iron ) when you do use heat use a protectant !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtolittleones
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Mayo works well my hairstylist dd says. Awauipui Wild Ginger treatments from Paul Mitchell works well too. She said a wide toothed comb is better than a brush because there is less tension being put on the hair.

GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Momx3.
by on Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Thank you ladies!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)