Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Probably a stupid question but

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 9:54 PM
  • 29 Replies
Dd is almost 3 months. I know she's in a growth spurt but she's eating 4-6 oz sometimes 8 oz every 2 hrs!

I was told to try and put her on a schedule,
To put rice in her bottle ( not happenin!)

I was told to switch formulas ( had to stop bfing)
She WON'T sleep during the day and sleeps all night.

Is this normal?
Any suggestions?
Sorry if its a dumb question
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 9:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissLeanna
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 9:59 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ejbljb
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 9:59 PM
I agree with you, nothing but formula. 3 months is a common time for a growth spurt. How long has it been going on? My 4mo changed her eating habits dramatically at 3 months and it's been 6 weeks now. She's been gaining like crazy though.
MissLeanna
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 10:02 PM
Almost a week

Quoting ejbljb:

I agree with you, nothing but formula. 3 months is a common time for a growth spurt. How long has it been going on? My 4mo changed her eating habits dramatically at 3 months and it's been 6 weeks now. She's been gaining like crazy though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 20, 2011 at 10:02 PM

All that is normal.  Are you with her all day so that you can try to keep her up during the day.  At that age I just let DD set her schedule up and if we ran around during the time she was asleep it was no big deal.  The best formula was Enfamil for the times i wasnt able to nurse DD due to medical issue (mine not hers).   Who is wanting you to switch formulas if the one your child is on is fine right now.

**ETA***  Just saw that you said she wont sleep during the day....  She may not need sleep if she is sleeping alot at night.  I forget what the recommended amount is for a newborn.

UxorQuodMatris.
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 10:04 PM
She's fine, sounds normal. Keep doing what you're doing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissLeanna
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 10:05 PM
One of my friends suggested I put her on the formula with cereal in it to help her sleep during the day.I'm with her a majority of the time and I usually let her play and IF she naps it's 10-20 mins

Quoting frndlyfn:

All that is normal.  Are you with her all day so that you can try to keep her up during the day.  At that age I just let DD set her schedule up and if we ran around during the time she was asleep it was no big deal.  The best formula was Enfamil for the times i wasnt able to nurse DD due to medical issue (mine not hers).   Who is wanting you to switch formulas if the one your child is on is fine right now.

**ETA***  Just saw that you said she wont sleep during the day....  She may not need sleep if she is sleeping alot at night.  I forget what the recommended amount is for a newborn.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UxorQuodMatris.
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 10:06 PM
That formula is for reflux and such, not a sleep aid. Tell your friend to stuff it, you're doing fine.

Quoting MissLeanna:

One of my friends suggested I put her on the formula with cereal in it to help her sleep during the day.I'm with her a majority of the time and I usually let her play and IF she naps it's 10-20 mins

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissLeanna
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 10:07 PM
Ya I figured it was a "medical" formula and she doesn't need it lol

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

That formula is for reflux and such, not a sleep aid. Tell your friend to stuff it, you're doing fine.

Quoting MissLeanna:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isaiahbellamom
by on Nov. 20, 2011 at 10:08 PM
Do not switch to formula with ceral. Feed her she's knows what she wants and they go thru growth spurts. Sleeping thru the night is a milestone that is devloped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 20, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Yeah i agree with  Uxor...... Do not listen to friends when they give this harmful advice.  There is no medical reports supporting that rice cereal helps a baby sleep more.   I would continue to do as you are and let her play if she doesnt want to sleep.  Keep her stimulated and learning, she will be fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN