Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Poll

Question: would you have voted the same as these California residents ?

Options:

yes , I think so

No , I doubt it

Maybe /something else

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 41

View Results

When I first heard this I thought it was fur and leather etc.. I also heard it was PETA behind it all. So at first I thought it was absolutely crazy and awful. But now I am hearing it's just fur and I don't have as BIG a problem with that. My thinking is we eat beef ( leather) so it's not comparable to killing a mink ( I don't eat mink ...do you?) just for a jacket . But then again I still dislike PETA and is it right to outlaw the fur trade which employees people etc..Doesn't supply and demand keep the fur trade in check, sorta speak? -

I now don't know how I feel about the ban , I think I don't support it but I do hate thinking of little chinchillas being killed just for their fur ( which btw I would never wear)

from article I read this morning;

(ANTI-FUR) CALIFORNIA —  Following the temporary ordinance issued last week, Hollywood has officially outlawed the sale of all animal hair, skin, and fur. Hollywood is the  nation’s first city to implement such a ban, and officials are hopeful it will ignite a new anti-fur movement.
This progressive city is at the forefront of animal welfare movements, previously being the first city to ban live pet sales. The law is set to take effect June 30, 2012. Read on for more regarding this animal rights victory and how the fur industry is reacting. — Global Animal

http://www.globalanimal.org/2011/09/27/update-hollywood-fur-ban-now-reality-video/52329/

by on Nov. 22, 2011 at 9:29 AM
Replies (31-36):
A-nony-mous
by Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Yes I would.

With all the synthetic fibres and 'look alikes' there is zero reason other than pure arrogance and ego to need to own and wear real fur and leather. They're not even comfortable or useful. Someone I know owned a leather coat and I tried it several times; it's cold in the cold and hot in the heat and does not stand rain well or even break wind very well. What a useless piece of animal suffering for no reason and no real practicality. My $5 second-hand thrift store windbreaker of synthetics is 100x more useful, durable and practical than that leather coat. You sure can't wear furs in the rain.

The rabid desire for furs has pushed many animals to near extinction and yet some people with thick skulls still don't get it or don't care. It's not sustainable and it's cruel. It is NOT the same as providing vital foods. Having a fur coat or leather pants is nothing but ego stroking luxury.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:37 AM
A sound byte. as all of the Rodeo drive stores aren't affected because this is only in Hollywood not other locales in CA.
Mumstheworduk
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Only Real People wear fake fur!

LittleWorld
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:04 PM

You're not aware of this, but most fur trim comes from dogs and cats skinned alive in China. The labels are lying to you. Please stay away from fur trimmed anything. This is where the fur industry makes most of its money from. There are tons other fur-free options, that don't include torturing cats and dogs.

CocoaKisses70
by on Sep. 22, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Funny I live in Ca and I had no idea this even happened

Bmat
by Platinum Member on Sep. 22, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Yes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)