Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Giving Toddlers Espressos and Mountain Dew! Now with PICS!

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 2:30 PM
  • 28 Replies
2 moms liked this

Thanksgiving was lovely. HouseOfFeast, true to her name, created a beautiful meal at my Mum's home.

While she worked, she would take a break here and there to prop her feet up (she is pregnant and her ankles were swelling) and then pop right back into the kitchen to have at it again.

After she had started the pies, her father made some espressos for us to enjoy and came around the corner, bumping into me and Grand Wendy. Wendy was making me give her pony rides, so I was on all fours yelling, "Nei....ei...gh! I'm a PONY!" for her. He swooped down and plucked Grand Wendy from my back saying, "Does Grampa's girl want a treat? Who wants a treat? Do you want one?". I assumed that he had a bit of hot cocoa or chocolate milk in the mug he slipped into her hands.

"EEEEEeeeem!" shouted Grand Wendy. Eem is her word for ice cream or whipped cream, and there was plenty of that in her little mug. She scooped out handfuls of it and then finally set to sipping. "Pbtpbtpbtbbbb!" she spit it all back out and glared at her beloved Grampa, "Eeeeew." she commented and thrust the mug at me.

"But you love chocolate." I protested, lifting the mug. That's when I caught the unmistakable scent of roasted coffee beans. "Did you just give the baby an espresso?!" I blurted. 

From the other room, HouseOfFeast's sharp ears caught the words and she began struggling to extricate herself from the couch and the ottoman, "Get it away from her! AAAAAAaaaa! BAD Daddy! BAD!!!" she yelled helplessly. I went to explain to her that the baby had only taken one sip and spit it back out when I heard squeals of unadulterated joy bursting from the kitchen. 

"SIPPY! SIPPY! SIPPY!" shouted a very jubilant Wendy. She emerged from the dining room clutching a can of Mountain Dew!

Then she became a blur moving at super sonic speed. "SIPPY! OM NOM NOM!!!". Every few steps she froze and took another gulp, then took off laughing at her mother, who was still trying to stand from the couch. 

"NOOOOOOooooooo!" cried HouseOfFeast in dismay, "Please God...Nooooooo!". "Let me get my camera." I said reasonably, "The damage is done.".

"Stop her!" yelled HouseOfFeast, but the Grandparents were too busy laughing to stop her. That child drained every last sip from her forbidden Mountain Dew (12 whole ounces!),

and we were 'punished' by being sent to run it out of the baby's system at the park.

When the sugar crash came thirty minutes after coming back from the park, Grand Wendy snuggled down in my lap and tried to stay awake, but ended up sinking down headfirst into my lap, like a ragdoll.

"I told you." I said to HouseOfFeast, "A bit of soda or candy, and when the sugar crash comes, it's instant naptime!".

"Yeah...no, Mummie. Just no. I will NOT be giving the baby Mountain Dew before bedtime." said my sensible girl as she snapped pictures of the baby on my lap.

"Grampa will." said her father, "It's good for her. Puts hair on her chest.".

by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myperfect4inok
by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this
LMFAO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 25, 2011 at 3:17 PM

BUMP!

lovemysnugbugs
by Silver Member on Nov. 25, 2011 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommavieve
by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 3:20 PM
2 moms liked this
I'd be pissed too. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brookiecookie87
by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh my gosh. That looks like an amazing feast! Good job!! I am jealous. LOL.

Sweety1018
by Bronze Member on Nov. 25, 2011 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL. She is a cutie
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redredrose
by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter was begging for mountain dew all day yesterday...had I not been there to say absolutely not, she would have gotten it...hilarious story though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carryannsmommy
by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
The baby is so cute an lovely feast.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GreenBurrito
by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 3:33 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyndRayne
by on Nov. 25, 2011 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

i think my dd might have that same blankie. that lil girl is just too cute.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)