Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

**UPDATE** and poll added!!!!! I need help with hair and makeup for christmas party!!!

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:17 AM
  • 18 Replies

Poll

Question: should I curl my hair or straighten it????

Options:

Curled

Straight

Other(please specify :)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 17

View Results

Next weekend is dhs Christmas party and I don't know what to do with hair and makeup. This is me now, and I'm going to be wearing a knee length strapless cocktail dress in royal blue...

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated :)

This is my hair curled... My hair doesn't hold well... are there any suggestions for keeping curls in case I do curl it??

And this is my hair straight.... so which one do you all think?? I'm going to do a poof on the top I just don't know whether to curl or straighten... Thank you for opinions :)

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happymom629
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:18 AM

Can you afford to get your hair professionallydone?

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:19 AM
No, I have to do everything on my own...

Quoting happymom629:

Can you afford to get your hair professionallydone?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmericanChild82
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this
YouTube always has some great hair and make up tips.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2bahandcch
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:23 AM
Just bring that adorable baby and they won't notice your hair. :)

Maybe you could do something half up and just curl it. Curls are always pretty in long hair. Since your dress is blue do a neutral brown eye shadow, mascara, and some lip gloss. It would be pretty with out looking like you tried too hard.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymom629

I think your hair would look great if you just used a curling iron and curled it in long, thing spiral curls. I think that woud be perfect

MissStylinMaMa
With hair, as long as yours is, I'd be doing some major poofing. Bobby pin some of the top hair into a bump. As for make-up, I'd say some eyeliner with some blue eyeshadow, and some good mascara to really bring out your eyelashes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissLeanna
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:25 AM
Have to agree

Quoting MissStylinMaMa:

With hair, as long as yours is, I'd be doing some major poofing. Bobby pin some of the top hair into a bump. As for make-up, I'd say some eyeliner with some blue eyeshadow, and some good mascara to really bring out your eyelashes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
L.sands
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this

You should do some poufing with your hair. Do a smokey eyeshawdo..

Youtube has great tutorials!!!

anotherhalf
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Here is a youtube link on how to curl your hair without a curling iron.  I tried it and it totally works.  You would have to do a trial first to see what it does to your hair, but with your long hair I think it would look awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FV-YO46E8Y

TXMetalMom
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:31 AM
Id do some loose curls or spirals. As for makeup, i love the "Marylin Monroe" look: translucent white eyedhadow(NYE makes a powder one in white translucent and one in champagne that would look good), a little mascara, light blush and for the lips i would do a berry tone lipgloss. Also, fake lashes always add a little extra pop! Youtube has great tutorials for help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)