Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child being attached to an item?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:26 AM
  • 45 Replies

If you had a child that was attached to a certain blanket, toy, etc, what age did they finally stop being attached to it?

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:27 AM
2 moms liked this
I'll let you know when it happens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m0m23
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Only DD2 ever seemed to be attached and its to her blankie.  Actually, all my kids have the same blankie in different colors and DD2 doesnt care whose blankie she has as long as she has one.  We call her lynus because she seriously drags that thing everywhere!

sorcha1945
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:27 AM
This

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermichelle
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:28 AM

My daughter is the same way but she is 5. Her blanket goes everywhere. She would take it to the bathroom if I would let her lol

Quoting m0m23:

Only DD2 ever seemed to be attached and its to her blankie.  Actually, all my kids have the same blankie in different colors and DD2 doesnt care whose blankie she has as long as she has one.  We call her lynus because she seriously drags that thing everywhere!

Jezzy1123

Um I'm honestly not sure I know my 6 year old niece is still attached to her blankie and my lil bro had a blankie till he was 9. They will grow out of it eventually.

andreamarie
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:28 AM
some get over it about 7-8. Others keep their attatchments a lot longer. They just keep it a secret so not to be laughed at.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arkansasmama08
Lol yeah, ditto. My oldest is 5 and sleeps with his friends. Dd is 3 and still hauls her blankies with her and ds2 is 19 months and won't go anywhere without his blankies lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tea_4_me_please
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:29 AM
My girls are 1-7 and they all still love their blankets. My niece is 11 and brings her bear with her when she sleeps over.... she doesn't carry it around and it stays on her bed at home but she still loves it... Idk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
masonsmommy107
My ds (5) is still attached to his monkey and I see no problem with it either
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momofJayleeM

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

Pregnancy%20ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)