Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

military

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:55 AM
  • 4 Replies
When you sign for a house on base and do the walk through what are things you look for on your inspection . We are soon going to be getting a house and I am wanting some pointers on what to look for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommatothree01
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:59 AM

Scuffs, scratches, stains, tears, holes anywhere in the house.   Especially on floors, counters and appliances.

scoutfamilyof7
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:06 AM

I always looked for cracks in the floor, stains on the floor or anywhere else, cracks on mirrors, any damage on the toilet seats, damage or discolor in the tub and sinks. If you have carpet look for stains or places it is ripped up. Check the blinds and make sure they work and that there is nothing broken. Check the screens on every window and door as well as the glass. Make sure there are no holes,stains or cracks in the doors. If you find ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING even if you think it is too small write it down! You will also have ten days to find things. Make sure you go through that place with a fine tooth comb and write it all down. I mean even if you find a tiny little crack under the cabinets write it down! Oh and check all the light fixtures as well. Make sure you check everything outside as well.

scoutfamilyof7
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:08 AM

Oh yes also if ANYTHING is dirty make sure it is noted!!! Especially the oven and fridge check everything in the fridge and make sure nothing is cracked and well as the oven face. If you have any more questions feel free to ask. We have done this for over 16 years. Finally bought a house. LOL

cjsix
by faith on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:08 AM

What the first two said and take pictures...lots of pictures....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)