Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

thoughts on direct tv...

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:33 AM
  • 39 Replies

you have it??? like it hate it?? We are thinking of making the move to save from Time warner.. they are raising again!!... input would be wondeful!

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southernjess3
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:34 AM

rainy day ------ tv? tv? bbbooorrreedd.............lol

CountryGirl0809
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:37 AM
2 moms liked this
Hate it!! If it storms it's out so ya can't see the warnings. If it snows it goes out. One time during a snow storm my husband had to keep going out every 20-30 mins to clear the dish so we could watch tv. It's a pain in. Te butt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nintendomommy
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:37 AM
We have directv and love them. We've had them for the last 10 years...i love that they leave you alone, they aren't calling every day wanting to sell you crap. You pay the bill, they leave you alone. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:37 AM

I don't like direct TV, I have comcast.

LoriLou75
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:38 AM

I'm thinking of switching too. My TWC always pauses and skips, and is soo freaking expensive. My sister loves direct tv 

MommyFlood
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:39 AM
I worry about a dish and service during bad weather.
Comcast is awful. Their customer service is horrible. I love U-Verse through AT&T
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysticalmalissa
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Love it.

karmasabitch178
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:42 AM
I have direct tv. I love it the only thing we don't have is ondemand and that comes seprate
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:43 AM
I loved DTV when I had it. The only reason I don't anymore is bc where I moved the trees are too tall. Paid 80 bucks a month and got the nfl ticket package with all the movie channels.
The downside is weather. If you kid in an area that gets alot of snow I wouldn't reccomend it. (used to work for dish network and if you can, don't get them) another con is only one room DVR. Verizon has multi room multi DVR features. Which is awesome. No matter which DVR it recorded on you can watch it in any room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
december911
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:45 AM

we had it for 2 years, it was fine at first, but after your 12 month trial is over, prices went up. we cancelled and now use netflix for children's shows, paying 7 a month, and hulu plus for our shows, paying 8 a month for that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)