Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help, please read!

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:38 AM
  • 10 Replies
I think my child may have pinkeye. He woke up this morning with his eye a bit swollen, red, and matted shut. Obviously this isn't an emergency situation, so I won't be taking him to the er, but what can I do for it until Monday when his doctors office is open? Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriLou75
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:45 AM

My ds has it in both eyes. Warm compress will help. I don't take them to the Dr over it unless they run a fever or are babies. Pink eye has hundreds of strains and the antibiotic only treats a few of them. If you happen to have the strain the antibiotic works on then the recocvery time is only like a day less then leaving it unmedicated. 

Did that make sense??

allabout11708
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:49 AM
Yes, but how do I know which it is? I started warm compress this morning when I noticed it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommydew527
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:52 AM

My son woke up with pink eye one day and we found drops for pink eye over the counter where the other eye drops where. The drops did take the pink eye away, Hope this helps

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:55 AM
Do u have buelhers? Grocery chain, has a stat care nurse for weekend pink eye, etc?
judybant
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:58 AM

go to the pharmacy and get the pink eye medicine that they have. I believe it's Similisan... you won't have to go to the doctor on Monday... :-) 

deenakate
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:00 AM
Warm compresses and pink eye, eye drops that are over the counter.
Even if its not pink eye it wont hurt him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
phantomphan
by PrincessBcake on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:03 AM
Similasan otc pink eye drops work well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HayKay
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:03 AM
Warm compress and have him blow his nose frequently. It will go away by monday if you keep a warm wash cloth on his eyes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allabout11708
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:33 AM
I will try the drops. Thanks ladies!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daddysgf
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Polysporin eyedrops.. they don't hurt if it isn't pink eye but if it is, they definitely help. You can also get an ointment for little ones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)