Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg I'm so excited!!! *found more* :) :) :)

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:57 AM
  • 41 Replies

So I just found a 2 story, 5 bedroom, 3 full bath home for $47,700 out in the country. It sits on 2 acres of land. The master bedroom has an adjacent study and there are 8 rooms total.

The upstairs room is hand painted with an underwater theme and is huge!! A perfect room for my daughter!

It is an older home and the inside needs some upgrading. Most new floors and a good coat of paint to get rid of the crazy color walls. But I think it looks perfect.

It would come out to $245 dollars a month. I have to convince my boyfriend that this is the house we need!!!

I am in love!

I have found 2 more homes in his area that are for sale.  That aren't as big as the first one, and are within city limits (what he would prefer), but are very nice.

They are both about $70,000.   3 bedrooms, 2 baths, full brick, newly remodled, and both have inground pools :).  A pool is a big plus for both of us.  One doesn't have much of a back yard, the other (and cheaper) has a huge back yard.  Both have a privacy fence too. 

The cheaper one has a freshly upgraded kitchen, with brand new granite counter tops, flat top stove, seperate over, built in microwave, and dishwasher.  All the sinks are new, and the counter tops are new in both bathrooms too. It also has a full glass sunroom that looks out to the backyard. There isn't a single tree on the property, which he loves but I'm not to happy about.

The other one has all new hardwood floors, a new roof, completely repainted,  and comes with all the appliances.  It has granite counter tops, ceramic tiles in the kitchen, and overall a nice feel.  Just a little older looking so I would have to bring it up a little.

Sorry, I'm getting excited and everyone I know is sleeping so I can't tell them.  He is getting ready to propose to me, and we are house hunting, and I am just overfilled with happiness and joy right now!!!!!!!!!

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
K_D88
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Wow congratulations!!! That is an awesome deal!

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Sounds nice!

Kim24kids
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Sounds like a GREAT DEAL!good luck

Lordgodempress
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

WOW, that is really cheap.    Is that the norm in your area?  If not I was make sure it didn't have any foundation or any other serious problems .  If it is Congrats and GL convincing your BF.

annas_momma
by 1 Crazy Momma ♥ on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:01 PM
Out in that area it is a common price and it's an older home. Of course before we bought it we would have a full inspection done on te home.

Quoting Lordgodempress:

WOW, that is really cheap.    Is that the norm in your area?  If not I was make sure it didn't have any foundation or any other serious problems .  If it is Congrats and GL convincing your BF.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ejbljb
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:02 PM
Sounds great! I agree with pp about making sure there are no major issues. Get a really good inspection.
Mamacruz13
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:03 PM

That is an insanely good deal!

annas_momma
by 1 Crazy Momma ♥ on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:03 PM
Forgot to add that it has s hand built stone fireplace, a screened in porch, a living room and a huge family room (where fire place is), and a sunroom. Omg omg omg
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caseymarie
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Good Luck!!!

auntietotty
by Elizabeth on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome!

There are alot of old houses like that around here..that cheap. Most are foreclosures. There was one here in town a month ago that was a 2 story..probably built in 1900..that sold for 25,000.00! Seriously! Foreclosure! It was snatched up in an instant!

We bought ours in 1997 for 54,000.00...2 story, 11 rooms. Built in 1900.

A lot of people dont want older homes because they need work. Ours did, but it was so worth it to us. They tend to have bigger rooms too!

I hope you get it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)