Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There's no good excuse NOT to exercise!

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:23 PM
  • 156 Replies

I had to make a call this morning to someone who paid in full for p.t. sessions but hasn't shown up for one. I heard EVERY excuse in the book.

I've heard EVERY excuse about why people don't exercise. Maybe 1 out of 100 has merit (excluding reasons pertaining to health). It's frustrating.

It's not difficult! Why do people make so many excuses?

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
college.mom
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Laziness...I am guilty of it too..I also have severe social anxiety so for me its a HUGE struggle to even get to gym without a panic attack...thats why I made a gym in my home.

one_on_the_way

their priorities are different and instead of just saying "I don't want to exercise.", they make up excuses.  Really, the excuses are nothing more than an explanation of what is more important to them.

je4125
Because it is work! I am not saying we should just skip it, but sitting down and watching tv does not equal the same brain response as exercise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissTacoBell
by Taco Bell Princess on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:27 PM
I'm pregnant lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifehappy
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Lol...I know most of the time it's laziness. I NEVER hear people admit it, though! :)

Quoting college.mom:

Laziness...I am guilty of it too..I also have severe social anxiety so for me its a HUGE struggle to even get to gym without a panic attack...thats why I made a gym in my home.

jcsg
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:27 PM

I don't intentionally go out and exercise.  I think about it and can even use the gym at work, but I get so much exercise while working that I don't really need to do extra.  In the summer, we do go for long walks at the park though. 

But, if I'm paying for the purpose to exercise, no way am I going to let my money go to waste and not do it. 

lifehappy
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:28 PM

NOT AN EXCUSE (unless your doctor said no exercise)!!! :)

Quoting MissTacoBell:

I'm pregnant lol.

anotherhalf
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:29 PM
4 moms liked this

Is I hate it an excuse?  Because I do. 

TSNDDY
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:30 PM
Cause they don't want to, I don't make excuses I just don't excercise just for the excercise..
I do other things that are considered excercise but I do them for fun and no other reason..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0607
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:30 PM
3 moms liked this

I agree....but if she isn't showing up and you were already paid, then it's not really your business why she hasn't made it. you got your money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)