Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When do your babies get their stockings?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:04 PM
  • 21 Replies

Poll

Question: When do you get Stockings?

Options:

Christmas Morning

St Nick's Day

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

We celebrate St. Nick's day so we get ours on the 6th of December...google it if you have never heard of it. Does anyone else celebrate this day?  Or do they just get their stockings on Christmas?

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catharsis
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:05 PM
They get stockings on christmas. On the 5th, we bake gingerbread and leave our shoes out, and the next morning they find them filled with candy and a little gift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:06 PM
This

Quoting catharsis:

They get stockings on christmas. On the 5th, we bake gingerbread and leave our shoes out, and the next morning they find them filled with candy and a little gift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
college.mom
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Thats an interesting way to do it (maybe we are the weird ones lol) we have always gotten the stockings as Children, well I have, my husband had never heard of this "holiday" so when we had kids we took my traditions and passed them on. :)

Quoting catharsis:

mommybug77
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:09 PM

Christmas. See no reason to do it the 6th.

AjCeCeMom
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:09 PM
Yup. We do this too!

Quoting catharsis:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Laura1427
by ★Honey Badger★ on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:09 PM

Christmas morning.

This will be the first year they get anything in them. :-) They are 2.5 and 19mo.

mommybug77
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:10 PM

I went to a catholic school & you left your shoe by the door outside of the classroom & the 8th graders filled them

Quoting college.mom:

Thats an interesting way to do it (maybe we are the weird ones lol) we have always gotten the stockings as Children, well I have, my husband had never heard of this "holiday" so when we had kids we took my traditions and passed them on. :)

Quoting catharsis:

ffirsttimemommy
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Christmas day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
college.mom
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:11 PM

As weird as this is, that is what we did for St Patricks Day!  We leave our shoes out and the leprechaun fill them with treats.

Quoting mommybug77:

I went to a catholic school & you left your shoe by the door outside of the classroom & the 8th graders filled them

Quoting college.mom:

Quoting catharsis:

college.mom
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:12 PM

There really isnt a reason..its a fun tradition for us :) 

Quoting mommybug77:

Christmas. See no reason to do it the 6th.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)