Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms who RF/ERF

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:17 PM
  • 15 Replies

Poll

Question: questions below

Options:

Yes, and I didn't like it/was bothered by it

Yes, and it didn't bother me at all

No, that's never happened to me

I don't RF/ERF but I like to answer polls

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 33

View Results

Quick poll, just out of curiosity, for those of you who RF/ERF.

Have you ever been given a hard time/ridicule/hassle/been called a bad parent/etc. by someone because of your choice to RF/ERF your child, who obviously felt they were correct in their personal belief?

And, if you have, did it bother you at all that this person was questioning your parenting, and clearly felt they were correct, and knew better than you did what was best for your child?

I see a lot of posts where people mention they've had to argue with people about their choice to ERF, so I'm curious to see what the results of a poll ar

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyofRage
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:19 PM

Not a bad parent, but I have people comment on it being unnecessary

jillbailey26
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:22 PM

My daughter is still rear facing, she's 3½.  She is tiny though.  At her 3 year old check up she only weighed 23lbs.  When she beefs up more I'll turn her around.  No one has given me a hard time about it though.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

.mysweetmelissa
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:24 PM
Never happened, but she's only 14 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Somewoman.on.cm
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:26 PM

No...

people know I'd be offended if they tried to get me to do something that was potentially deadly to my child.....

I'd probably get cross with them.

people thought carseats for infants was a stupid idea when it first came out too.

MisfitInTN
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Quoting LadyofRage:

Not a bad parent, but I have people comment on it being unnecessary

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laciD
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:30 PM
My sons rear faced until almost 4 and 3 1/2 I have never heard a negative comment about it. People are usually just curious and are usually very open to information on it. Several people I know one erf after seeing my boys doing it.
TSNDDY
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:35 PM
Yep I had people make all sorts of inappropriate comments when my dd was over a year old and still RFing (thing was she wasn't even 22lbs)

I did point out to them that it is illegal to turn around before then AND that it is recommended till they are at least two here..
I still get looks DD is 3 and still RFing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:38 PM

I have never even been questioned by it.

Howeevr DD is 18mo, but looks about a year and under 20lbs.  We'll see if the trend continues as she gets older.  Most of my friends and family know I have pretty strong feelings about it.

MommyBoha
by Country Girl on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Ive been told I emotionally abuse my kids, that I have a baby complex and that Im a horrible mother and my kids should be taken from me because I ERF/EH.

Mrs.AmandaD.
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Nope never been questioned at all.  He's only 14 months but looks older.  A lot of moms I know rf until 2 years or so.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)