Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He stole our Christmas :( PIC HEAVY!

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:32 PM
  • 44 Replies

You may have already read my post of our past landlord illegally keeping an obscene amount of our deposit after we moved out.  If not, this is  what we are dealing with: He is charging us for ridiculous things like $474 to paint one room, $150 for leaves that fell in the yard (and blowing leaves out of the rocks) after we moved out and $272 for replacement of blinds that didnt need to be replaced.  We ended up having $173 left out of a $1032 deposit!  Anyways, Im so pissed! We are working on it and if he doesnt give us our money then we will have to fight him for it. We left that house in immaculate condition and he even says so in his letter! He starts out his letter :" We hope you are setteling in your new home. Thank you for leaving the house in such nice condition".  DUMMY!  

So there goes Christmas this year. Money is too tight to spend on gifts. And what really pisses me off is we drove by the rental house yesterday and there were leaves galore in the yard! looked in the window (mine and my SO's bedroom that he claimed it cost $474 to paint and $272 to replace the blinds) what do I find? The room hasnt been repainted and the blinds are hanging! ASSHOLE! 

All of this is a HUGE slap in the face since we have rented from him for almost 4 years. Never had a problem. Him and his wife (a past co worker of mine) were thrilled that we were moving in because she knew that they were safe with us and we would take good care of thier house. And we did! whenever they came to the house they told us how grateful they were to have such good renters taking care of their house.  The house was actually in better condition than when we moved in! 

Here are a couple pics that we took yesterday. Its too hard to see in the room that he claimed to have needed all the money to paint but you can see the leaves and the blinds are still hanging...in fact they are open (bottom right)

11/29 : I contacted legal advice so we will see what exactly I can do about this asshole

Some pics of the inside

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Somewoman.on.cm
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:34 PM

1saleaday.com

presents for everyone for 3-4 bucks sometimes

AHmom103
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:34 PM

That sucks. I hope you get everything worked out.

mcqueenmom2
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:35 PM

take him to court, hope you took pics before you left, good luck hun, hugs

kaffedrikke
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

This sounds illegal, look up your rental laws in your state.  This slumlord needs to spend Christmas in jail.

redneckmama2
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

i would be taking his ass to court. You cant really do anything about the leaves in the yard because it is fall and you cannot control the leaves falling off the trees. as for it all though i would go take pictures of the house as it is now and take them to court as well to have proof that he hasnt even done anything with the money.

lovemymichael
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Ugh that sucks! Sounds like they were looking for an excuse to cover up why they don't have your deposit money to return.
thehickinhickor
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:38 PM
See if you can get someone ypu know to Look at the house as if they where renting and take pictures so if you do take them too court you can show it still looks the same. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
juicebox.
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Go back and take pictures of the leaves and the unpainted room.

aaavasquez
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:39 PM
That really sucks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dare2Bme71
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Call HUD and LEAGAL Aide.. and Bust that Grich Wide Open.. that's awful.... and what bogus charges.. Seriously.. Leaves OMG!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)