Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Dog Attacked, Bash Away! Edit: Pics of Chief UPDATE: Apparently the MPs were informed UPDATE:Hubby Spoke To Housing

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:29 PM
  • 148 Replies

So my neighbors have these 2 little dogs & since we have moved in here the guy had their dogs greet my dog (lab/shepard mix) and my dog was fine, however, their little dog bit my dogs nose.

So anyway if they are out walking their dog and my dog is out their dogs bark, snarl and growl at my dog.  If my dog barks I correct him and tell him no.

Well they were still letting their dogs come up to the fence and they never corrected their dogs behavior.  It got so bad that as soon as I would see them I would get Chief inside and every morning I checked to make sure they weren't out w/their dogs before I put Chief outside.

Well needless to say today one of the kids didn't make sure the door was shut all the way and Chief bolted after their dog & I couldn't catch him in time.

Now their dog is fine, needed a few stitches. I went to the vet w/them, showed that Chief is up to date on shots and I paid the vet bill.  I apologized more times than I could count.  I also spoke to the vet specifically.

The womans father screamed at me in spanish so I have no idea what he was saying, and nobody else spoke to me.

My dog plays with all kinds of dogs & there has never been a problem.  Only w/these dogs.

I am so worried they are going to call the MP's and I am going to be forced to get rid of my dog.

I get what he did was wrong & I paid for it.  But honestly why is it okay for little dogs to bite and growl and attack & nothing is done but bc my dog is bigger I have to worry and be sick to death over this.

I knew full well posting this in here I am going to catch hell but I am freaking out!

We are talking about a dog that typically licks everyone and everything to death aside from squirrels and groundhogs!

I am so stressing, my kids can't lose another dog! This time last year we had to put our Spaniel down bc she was so sick.

I am so sick right now, my anxiety is through the roof!!!!

This is Chief:

UPDATE: Apparently they did go to the MPs. Had a feeling since I made it back to post before they did & I left the vets office long after they did.  My neighbor is trying to tell me not to worry bc it sounds like they just filed a complaint and aren't pressing charges otherwise the MPs would've been right over.

I am still waiting for the knock on the door, can't believe I haven't gotten it yet.  I am freaking out!!!  I so wish my husband was home!!!

UPDATE 2: My hubby called housing from Afghanistan & he was told they don't even have a report.  But he spoke to them about the incident & they told him that even if they get a report it should only be a warning, a don't do it again & a possible fine.

But it is 10am here & again no MPs have come by and housing hasn't either.

No matter what I will be sure to document everything w/these neighbors and their little ankle biters, I will still try to make sure my dog is not out when their dogs are out & will be more diligent w/the kids and making sure the door latches behind them.

Thank you everyone for understanding and not hating on me!

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gemikris82
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:32 PM

they bit your dog once and nothing happened ?

amyrw
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:33 PM
6 moms liked this
File a complaint on the small dogs for what they do. They get away with it bc people let them. And when a big dog retaliates they flip out and the big dog get blamed even though the small one provoked it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Astaroth
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:34 PM
12 moms liked this
I'd be punting those little fuckers every time I see them.

Fuck em, and their little dogs too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegansmom
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:35 PM
3 moms liked this

IMO, you fulfilled your obligation.  You paid for the vet bill. 

CABZS
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Quoting gemikris82:

they bit your dog once and nothing happened ?

No, I don't believe in calling the MPs on things that they don't need to deal with.

Plus I was new here and my husband is deployed, guess I didn't want to make any enemies.

xo.MommyW.xo
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:36 PM

I would call and complain every fucking time their little ankle biters get on my nerves lol

MiSs.SmOkEy
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:36 PM

The dogs were pretty much teasing him. My neighbors dogs do it to our Dalmatian but she isn't dog friendly. She's a sweetheart she was just attacked by a dog when she was a puppy and ever since then hasn't liked other dogs.

People are dumb, It really is not that hard to make your dog obey and have manners. They are just like children they just need guidance and discipline. Maybe if the other people would have corrected their animals the situation never would have happened.

PookaboosMom
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:37 PM
Idk mama, at least you took responsibility. I am careful with my little dog to make sure she is safe when big dogs are around.

And....it's called little dog syndrome ....where little dogs are allowed to get away with things that would never be tolerated from a large dog, like jumping, biting, growling etc.... i am very guilty of letting my 5 lb dog do things that I would have never.let my big dogs do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hautemama83
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:38 PM
Wait this all happened through the fence? Or were the little dogs in your yard?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CABZS
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting amyrw:

File a complaint on the small dogs for what they do. They get away with it bc people let them. And when a big dog retaliates they flip out and the big dog get blamed even though the small one provoked it.

I really just hate confrontation I guess.  And I see exactly what you are saying and I should've filed I guess.

But I am one of those people that believe the military shouldn't be called on things like this, like I don't believe Commanders should be called for cheating.

But now I may catch hell bc I didn't call.

I am an idiot and kicking myself now bc of this.

My husband was on the phone from Afghanistan and tried talking to the husband and also brought up their dogs behavior and he just said "they are little and can't hurt your dog."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)