Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I a bad mom because I only have $100 for Christmas?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:41 PM
  • 115 Replies

The budget for my son this year is $100. He will only be getting about 5 items. I've already spent $53 on two items he really wanted, a Beyblade set and a deer hunting video game that hooks into the tv. I am still planning to get a scooter (if walmart gets the cheap ones back in stock), a board game he wants, and hopefully some craft items. We are military and moved half way across the country 5 months ago, and I'm 29 weeks pregnant. DHs family is flying out here on December 18th. We have to pick them up and take them back to the airport 45 miles away, plus house them and provide food while they are here. They will help some but are hugely limited on budget. I feel guilty that I can't buy my son more and am worried others here will think I'm a bad mom. My best friend here went out and bought 3DS for both her boys and other big items and I'm just worried she'll think my sons christmas is sad. I know it's bad to worry about what other people think of you but I just do.... And there will be nothing under the tree for my husband or myself. Not that it's that big of a deal but I need a new pair of shoes (especially with winter coming and the huge amounts of snow we are supposed to get). Plus my car needs a tire replaced. I just feel really stressed out about money. I guess this turned into more of a vent than I intended... But honestly, am I a bad mom because I can't do more? I see people on here spending money into the thousands....

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyBoha
by Country Girl on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:43 PM
4 moms liked this

Christmas isnt about presents.

MommyBoha
by Country Girl on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

But no, you arent a bad mom. 

onethought
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:44 PM

We aren't religious

Quoting MommyBoha:

catharsis
Of course not. We never go overboard, it's pointless. But next year see if you can get into the Sears Heros at Home thing to take some of the stress off of you. We did this year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Survivor6388

I spent 40 bucks total on my two kids so far.

I MIGHT spend a little more.

nicndetsmom
No, it usually is about what I can afford
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3pippings
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Even if you have 10 dollars to spend it's really not making you bad mommy. Shower your kid with love and teach them how to love especially at this time of the year will be much more valuable than million dollars worth pressies.

emilysmom8
by Dawn on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:46 PM
2 moms liked this

You are NOT a bad mom just because you can not spend a lot of money on your DS.. If having little money means you are a bad mom than I am also a bad mom, and so are a lot of other moms on here..

onethought
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:46 PM

I've never heard of this? Is it like operation homefront? We've already had to get assistance with food from OH.

Quoting catharsis:

Of course not. We never go overboard, it's pointless. But next year see if you can get into the Sears Heros at Home thing to take some of the stress off of you. We did this year.

MommyBoha
by Country Girl on Nov. 26, 2011 at 3:46 PM
8 moms liked this

No one said anything about religion. Its also about being with your loved ones and spending time with your family

Quoting onethought:

We aren't religious

Quoting MommyBoha:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)