Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hate FAMILY DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:14 PM
  • 79 Replies

CENTRAL ISLIP, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) – A Long Island mom is in the legal fight of her life after being accused of letting kids get drunk at her home.

Michele McKinney will be in court Wednesday, but she said suspicion she served booze to 14-year-olds is already a life sentence.

In a CBS 2 exclusive, McKinney spoke with Hazel Sanchez about what she says really happened that night.

She’s a mom with a mug shot, but McKinney says she’s no criminal.

“I would never allow, condone alcohol to minors,” McKinney said.

McKinney was busted in September for allegedly contributing to the delinquency of a child, after police said a 14-year-old girl who attended a party in McKinney’s backyard got so drunk she ended up in the hospital.

But McKinney said the child did not drink alcohol on her property.

Sanchez: “Was there alcohol at the party?”

Sanchez: “Did you serve alcohol?”

McKinney: “Absolutely not.”

McKinney’s attorney said, “This young girl who’s complained about Michelle has said in Facebook postings and the such that Michelle never served her alcohol.”

Police broke up the party because of noise complaints, then left. Two days after the party, McKinney was arrested in front of her children. To this day, the 43-year-old mother of three says authorities have never questioned her or her attorney about what happened that night.

McKinney said the party was supposed to cheer up her 14-year-old daughter, who was recently diagnosed with a neurological disorder. Now, their world has turned upside down.

“It’s been horrible. It’s humiliating. I feel bad for my kids. Life has changed,” McKinney said.

McKinney has been overwhelmed with letters of support from the community. She said family and friends have given her strength.

“She watches her kids, takes good care of them, takes them to sports. She’s a good person,” neighbor Brian Cook said.

McKinney said a group of her supporters plans to rally around her when she’s back in court.

She said she hopes the charges will be dropped, but her defense team is confident if the case goes to trial. McKinney said she and two other adults checked guests’ bags to make sure they didn’t have alcohol. McKinney believes the 14-year-old showed up to her house drunk.

****First off she's a liar.  she said all this on LIVE TV, my cousin DOES NOT have a neurological disorder.  my cousin was saying she had numbness in her feet.  my uncle took her to the hospital and drs did tests just incase it was MS.  everything came back NEGATIVE. THIS IS MY X AUNT!!!!!!! NOW she is threatening my uncle shes going to bring his "Whole family down one by one".  Starting with me, shes going to call make a wish foundation, where I volunteer and tell them I have bipolar disorder and that I used to cut myself.

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gemikris82
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:16 PM

BUMP!

mybabyapples
by Purple People Eater on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:18 PM
if you don't want her talking bs I would leave her alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MiCHELLEx
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:18 PM
OMG that's crazy..like wtf?!

and that's your aunt?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jkleinman
I'm confused. You're related to this woman?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FL2AK
2 moms liked this
You are continuing the drama by posting this online.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gemikris82
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Quoting mybabyapples:

if you don't want her talking bs I would leave her alone.

Ooh i dont speak to her, my uncle does but he has three kids with her.  i saw her recnetly at y cousins sweet 16.  the only reason she knows i volunteer there is b.c  my cousins told her.

mtfarms
by Bronze Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Wow - if she did give them alcohol, I hope she pays.  Sounds like she needs some help - mentally.

gemikris82
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Quoting jkleinman:

I'm confused. You're related to this woman?

thats my x aunt

gemikris82
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Quoting FL2AK:

You are continuing the drama by posting this online.

i want to drag her name though the mud.

gemikris82
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Quoting mtfarms:

Wow - if she did give them alcohol, I hope she pays.  Sounds like she needs some help - mentally.

shes off her nut liol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)