Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone have?...

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:16 PM
  • 13 Replies

A portable dishwasher? Or have any moms on here had one in the past?

I am looking into them, since the place we are renting does not have a dishwasher. I have been looking into portable ones. So when we move we can either take it with us or sell it. Depending on weather or not the place we move to has a dishwasher or not. We(my father in law and I) are tired of washing all the dishes by hand. No body else in this house seems to know how.

I do do have one, or have in the past...

What kind?

How much was it?

Are they worth the price?

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sparkle_monkey
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:17 PM
Bump... I have a regular dishwasher and wouldn't be able to function without it! Hope you can get a portable one soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manda325
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:20 PM
I used to have one, have regular now. It was a life saver! When we bought this one I gave the other to a friend. Shes still using it and loves it. ETA: WHIRLPOOL I THINK, 20 BUCKS AT A YARD SALE.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lilcountrygrl86
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Thanks, we have been without a dishwasher for a year now and are sick of it. It would not be bad if some people actually knew how to wash a dish once they were done eating...=/

Quoting sparkle_monkey:

Bump... I have a regular dishwasher and wouldn't be able to function without it! Hope you can get a portable one soon!

Lilcountrygrl86
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Cool. I saw one in the penny saver for $100. All the other ones(new ones) I have looked up are anywhere between $200/$600...we do NOT have that kind of money...if we did we would buy a regular one =)

You never really know how much of a life saver they really are till you dont have one.

Quoting manda325:

I used to have one, have regular now. It was a life saver! When we bought this one I gave the other to a friend. Shes still using it and loves it. ETA: WHIRLPOOL I THINK, 20 BUCKS AT A YARD SALE.

TableforSeven
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:44 PM
We had one in our old house....someone gave it to us 'third-hand'. He had gotten it from someone who no longer wanted it...so ours was free.
It didn't hold a ton - but considering the alternative was continuing to hand-wash everything...it was worth having in the house.
I really did miss it when it finally died -- we had it for about 7 years....not sure how old it was when we got it - but it was OLD. So - it worked well for a very long time.
PookaboosMom
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:46 PM
My mom had one growing up. It was nice...I believe it was a whirlpool. I am thinking about getting one once I have money. Once my mom no longer needed hers she gave it to my uncle. He put it in the milk parlor and used it to wash calf bottles, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mschwab3360
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:47 PM
ive only had an old used one, and it worked great, it outlasted my moms regular dish washer. Id find a used one honestly, the portable ones just seem to hold up really well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wifeandmomof2.5
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:47 PM

I have one. It is a maytag, I think. We paid around $400 new bc it had a tiny dent in the side.  I love mine.  We have had it since 2007 with no problems at all.

Lilcountrygrl86
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Cool, I just know im tired of washin dishes by hand...=)

Quoting PookaboosMom:

My mom had one growing up. It was nice...I believe it was a whirlpool. I am thinking about getting one once I have money. Once my mom no longer needed hers she gave it to my uncle. He put it in the milk parlor and used it to wash calf bottles, lol

Lilcountrygrl86
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Thats what I'm trying to do, new ones are so expensive. If we are gonna pay that much we may as well get a normal dishwasher....and we would not do that till we move.

Quoting mschwab3360:

ive only had an old used one, and it worked great, it outlasted my moms regular dish washer. Id find a used one honestly, the portable ones just seem to hold up really well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)