Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty Training Question

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

My 2 year old is doing great on the potty, She does still wear a pull-up to bed. My question is, tomorrow we're going shopping with some friends and then afterwards to the park to let the kids play, Should I put her in regular panties, or should I put her in a pull-up.. The only thing about the pull-up, she doesn't tell me when she has to use the potty when she's wearing one. Any Advice?

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
alwayskk
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:11 PM

I'm convinced pull ups are useless.

yo_ho
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:13 PM

How does she do out and about? If you haven't had her out yet, it's up to you for what you want to do. Also depends on how much she goes alone or how much you have to prompt her. You could always try underwear and then bring several change of clothes. Make sure you make her try a ton while you are out and about, even if she is independant with going at home.

lovemyirish
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:13 PM
Just bring extra clothes in case of accidents. Take her potty often and ask often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AAsmommy0509
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Same here, we only use them be 1) she is large for her age diapers don't fit, and 2) they work well for night absorbing lol 

CheyanneW
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:14 PM

I don't use pull ups.  But when I am out I use a travel potty seat.  I got a Tinker Bell one at Walmart.  It is plastic but folds up for traveling.

Anastazia975
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Pull ups tend to just set back potty training, in my opinion. I would just pack extra clothes and under garments, and remind her to ask to go to the bathroom. I also used to set a timer on my cell, that was on a ring tone the Lo picked, when it went off, time to go potty. Or a small inexpensive watch with a timer could work to.  Good Luck!

Stevensmomma
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:19 PM

I would just bring a extra set of clothes and some wipes in case of a accident. Just make sure to ask her any time you have the opportunity to use the potty to go. I also would bring a small potty in the back of your car in case.

AAsmommy0509
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Thanks ladies! I appreciate it! She doesn't have to be prompted to go, which is awesome.. I'm def gonna take your advice on everything!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)