Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not doing the whole Christmas thing this year ....

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:16 PM
  • 16 Replies
My whole life I grew up with Christmas being a big deal & my parents always decorated everything . Well since last Christmas my mom and dad have both passed away . My first thanksgiving without them was one of the hardest day since they've been gone so I decided that I wasn't going to partake in Christmas festivities this year as to decorating and all of that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KME3
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:18 PM
I'm sorry for your loss... ((hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kksmommy23
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:18 PM
I know your hurting but is that really fair for your kids?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angiemamma
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:19 PM
What about kids? I'm not going to because im in the process of moving. so i have no point of putting stuff up and then taking it all down again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
js321
Hes only 4 months old . And my ex's daughter who I've always considered my step daughter doesn't live with me .

Quoting kksmommy23:

I know your hurting but is that really fair for your kids?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:19 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.  How old are your kids?

Colleen86

I am sure they would love to see you partake. They wouldn't have it any other way. Do it for them. \wherever they are, they will be happy.

cowgirlsmommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:20 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm sorry for your loss. Instead of shutting down why don't you get a special Christmas decoration to put out in their memory. Remember the good times and celebrate. Don't only think of them being gone. I know it's hard to lose a loved one but they'll always be with you mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I am very sorry for your loss. Will pretending Christmas isn;t around really help? If your parents loved the holiday season ever so much, I am sure they would hate to see you not partake in it at all. Celebrate FOR THEM. Do it for your kids. I know it's hard, and I am sorry mama.

A_Renee
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:21 PM

I know it hurts and I am sooo sorry for your loss.  Do you think that your parents would want you to feel this way?  Probably not....celebrate their memory and the traditions that they bought.  teach your kids what their grandparents did during christmas.

Barronbaby
by Gold Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 6:22 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Why not decorate in their honor? I hope you have a wonderful season whatever you may decide!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)