Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can this be fixed

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:11 PM
  • 9 Replies
Dd carved a smiley face in the wooden table with a plastic tooth pick. Is there anything that can be used to take it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mom2HopenFaith
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:13 PM

sand it out and refinish?

LoriLou75
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:13 PM
Try old English.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcsg
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:14 PM
2 moms liked this

You could probably try some wood puddy and stain over it.  Why not just leave it?  It could become one of those funny "you did this when you were little" stories. 

ack86
I don't know, but it reminds me of what I did after I learned how to write my name. I wrote it in pen on my headboard. That bed had been my grandparents, and DH and I are using that same bed frame now, and my name is still in it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymom629

Hmmm.... I would just say invest in a nice tablecloth?

ShhhItsASecret
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:15 PM
It's my moms table, she's pretty pissed. Haven't even had the table for a month.

Quoting jcsg:

You could probably try some wood puddy and stain over it.  Why not just leave it?  It could become one of those funny "you did this when you were little" stories. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcsg
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:18 PM

Got ya. 

Sand it down and if the marks are still there, put some wood puddy on them. Sand that down after it dries and then re-stain.  Should be good as new afterwards. 

Quoting ShhhItsASecret:

It's my moms table, she's pretty pissed. Haven't even had the table for a month.

Quoting jcsg:

jillbailey26
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:56 PM

If it's just scratched, you can try rubbing a walnut on it.  Here's how.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

JustaMommy91
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:21 PM

It really depends on the table.
I would think that the only way to get it out would be to buff it out and re-stain or paint it! :-/  Before you do that, though, you could try a trick using your iron. Place a clean damp rag over the carving and lightly press the tip of the iron over the area for several seconds. Dry the wood surface with a clean cloth. Lightly sand the carved area and refinish it to match the wood stain and varnish. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)