Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Period question, maybe TMI. WWYD if it were you?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:26 PM
  • 30 Replies

Say your in your early 20's.
Your gyno told you that you have micro endometriosis, you get cysts on your ovaries every month, and your periods are very heavy. You are given Vicodin to help with the pain but even that doesn't make you comfortable.
You cant take hormones because they give you blood clots.
Your young, you would like to eventually have another baby when your a little bit more financially stable but the only thing your gyno is offering you is a hysterectomy.

Do you give up on the hope of ever having another baby & get the hysterectomy?
Do you keep going to dr after dr getting different opinions, different meds?
Do you just suffer through the pain & wait til the time is right for another baby?

I've made a post similar to this before. The pain is just so bad, but I eventually want another baby & I just dont know what to do. :/ Because IF I go through with the hysterectomy I mean, its all gone, there's no chance of ever even thinking about having another baby. :(

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MiCHELLEx
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:27 PM
Id hurry up with the baby :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MiCHELLEx
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Or continue taking meds and seeing the doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Quoting MiCHELLEx:

Even if you weren't financially stable & your DH wants to wait?

CheyanneW
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:28 PM
2 moms liked this

If I waited to be what I think of as financially stable I wouldn't have any of my 3 kids.  If it were me I would have a baby now and they get the hysterectomy after.

ceashell707
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:29 PM
There is a procedure where they insert a balloon into your uterus and heated water is ran thru it. This thins the linning and lessens the symptoms. Some times for a year or longer. I had this done and it helped.

Have you tried Lupron? It puts you thru menapause for 6 months at a time. Worked great for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MiCHELLEx
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:29 PM
I would, personally. Lol. But that's just me!! Is it life threatening the cysts?

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Quoting MiCHELLEx:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Trust me, I'd like to. But I dont want to go behind his back & do something he's specically told me he'd rather me wait on doing. I'd feel to guilty. And no, the cysts aren't life threatening. They are just a fucking pain.

Quoting MiCHELLEx:

I would, personally. Lol. But that's just me!! Is it life threatening the cysts?

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Quoting MiCHELLEx:

ceashell707
Oh and btw, endo, will cause sterilization and miscarriages. (I had 3 because of it) So don't wait too long.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama

Honestly I don;t understand why you cant take the hormones now vs the one's you'll have to take post hysterectomy? IDK. If I knew we'd want more kids I'd suffer through it, especially as you are so young. The pain only lasts a few days but the solution is permanent. But it's your body - only you can make that determination. Everyone deals w/ pain differently.

Bknotnobody
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 7:32 PM
Wait. Search for alternative solutions and women who are or have gone through something similar. Doctors know a lot but they don't know everything. :-) good luck. If I kept hearing the same I'd put my health before another kid. So id do as doctors suggest and adopt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)