Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Long...

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:05 PM
  • 6 Replies
How long does a nomal newborn sleep at a time? I know I probobly sound really dumb but this is my first and he is 5 days. .(born 11.21) And also wha kind of baby monitors do you reccomend? I have a simple one right now but want to get a video one. Hope I dont sound TOO dumb.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
karmasabitch178
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:11 PM
Congrats. My last baby slept all day and would wake up every two hrs at night. She finally started to sleep through the night at 7 months. I never used a monitor because she slept in my room
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcsg
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Newborns can sleep 2,3,4 hours at a time.  Really just depends on their schedule and if they want to sleep. 

As for baby monitors, I always just used a cheap one.  Never felt the need for a video one.  And you don't sound dumb. 

HiddenAbby67
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:22 PM
Peanut doesnt sleep in my room. He sleeps in with 2 of my little sisters. (they usually end up coming in mine or our parents room anyways)
That is also why I want a video one. So i can see him...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 27, 2011 at 10:26 AM

This... (and I never used a baby monitor)

Quoting jcsg:

Newborns can sleep 2,3,4 hours at a time.  Really just depends on their schedule and if they want to sleep. 

As for baby monitors, I always just used a cheap one.  Never felt the need for a video one.  And you don't sound dumb. 

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Nov. 27, 2011 at 10:28 AM

i wouldn't suggest a video monitor if you live in the city.. Once on my sons monitor I saw someone else's baby!! it freaked me the hell out lol and my SO didn't believe me till he witnessed it happen another time .. We lived in a high rise and was picking up wrong signal. O.O

sam12796
by Sandy on Nov. 27, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Personally I don't care for the video monitor. I am sure lots of people like them but mine ate through batteries on the hand held unit and it was small black and white pic. I liked the walkie talkie type the best. They woke me just fine. I kept the baby in my room in a bassinet for the first couple months then into their cribs in their own rooms after that.

Newborns can sleep anywhere from 2 hours on at a time. It will get better. Enjoy your little one they grow too fast.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)