Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you go shopping this Black Friday? If so, what deals did you get? Are you done shopping?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:06 PM
  • 21 Replies

We have most of our shopping done so we were just going to go in the morning after the rush was done.  However we found out that our local Walmart was open on Thanksgiving day so after the Thanksgiving party, we decided to stop by and have a peek.  There were no lines getting in so we wandered around and found some deals so good we had to stay.  Dh ended up getting one of only 20 android phones available, I got PS3 Madden 12 game for $28, they price matched a PS3 dual shock wireless controller for $23.99, a mini chopper for less than $3, 1600 piece Lego set for around $30, some Transformer sets for $10 each, Hot Wheel cars 8-pack set for $5 each, and the best deal, a purple 16" bike for $35.  We were going to buy one from TRU for about $75 and now we saved $40.  I had no idea it was going to be on sale.  We got more stuff like SD cards and DVDs, but these are the ones I can remember right now.  We got home around 12:30am.  At about noon on Friday, I took the older kids with me to TRU since they had $20 each to spend and we got some of the Buy 2 Get 1 Free Bey Blades and a remote control Helicopter for $19.99 plus a bunch of batteries that were Buy 1 Get 1 Free.   

All that's left are things for my parents, DHs parents, and my sister and her DH.  I will get DH his presents when he is away on his business trip.

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Katenemsmom
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:09 PM
DH got a $400 tv for $250. He went to Wally World at ten. No luck on the toys. I guess they let people wander around with the sale items in their carts and then they checked out at ten.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bknotnobody
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Got some little kid play piano thing for 25$, Sons Of Anarchy season 1 on blu ray for 10$, Dance Central 2 for Kinect for 15$ and a mixer for 20$. The kinect game and the SOA, were bought wayyyyyyy late in the day like 9-10pm Friday night at walmart. Lol.Oh and pj pants for 5 bucks :)

The mixer, and the piano thing were bought right at 10, as we got to wander around with items in our cart, and they held up all the cashiers until 10 so people could start buying. Was out with in 10-15 mins after that. :)

tinker_belly
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Good deal on the tv.  Here they did not let anyone grab anything from the piles until the set time.  I was so afraid I would not get the mini chopper but I  managed to get one.

Quoting Katenemsmom:

DH got a $400 tv for $250. He went to Wally World at ten. No luck on the toys. I guess they let people wander around with the sale items in their carts and then they checked out at ten.

tinker_belly
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:18 PM

You were so lucky.  We were not allowed to touch anything until the time.  They had workers at every pallet making sure no one tried to open things  up.

Quoting Bknotnobody:

Got some little kid play piano thing for 25$, Sons Of Anarchy season 1 on blu ray for 10$, Dance Central 2 for Kinect for 15$ and a mixer for 20$. The kinect game and the SOA, were bought wayyyyyyy late in the day like 9-10pm Friday night at walmart. Lol.Oh and pj pants for 5 bucks :)

The mixer, and the piano thing were bought right at 10, as we got to wander around with items in our cart, and they held up all the cashiers until 10 so people could start buying. Was out with in 10-15 mins after that. :)

manda325
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:24 PM
Went to walmart. Got both dds a scooter for 12 bucks each, barbies for 5 bucks each, dd5 a matching game for 3.77, and dd8 a basketball for around 4.00, a cute Christmas wooden hanging plaque for my gparents basket for .97 and my dad the saturday night live game for 3.77. Then I also got my girls some body spray for their stockings for 1.00 each.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joeysmommie07
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:25 PM
My sis took me and we got faux fur throw & pillow that was suppose to be $8.88 but they had a misprint on the map they gave us that priced them at $2.88 so that's what we got it for, got 7 movies for $1.96 each.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tinker_belly
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:32 PM

That is a steal at $2.88!  Talk about being lucky.  

Quoting joeysmommie07:

My sis took me and we got faux fur throw & pillow that was suppose to be $8.88 but they had a misprint on the map they gave us that priced them at $2.88 so that's what we got it for, got 7 movies for $1.96 each.

tinker_belly
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:33 PM

We got one of the basketballs too.  Such a great deal.

Quoting manda325:

Went to walmart. Got both dds a scooter for 12 bucks each, barbies for 5 bucks each, dd5 a matching game for 3.77, and dd8 a basketball for around 4.00, a cute Christmas wooden hanging plaque for my gparents basket for .97 and my dad the saturday night live game for 3.77. Then I also got my girls some body spray for their stockings for 1.00 each.

Bknotnobody
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Yeah they were that way for somethings, like the electronics dept was INSANE! However there were somethings people could get before then. LOL.

Quoting tinker_belly:

You were so lucky.  We were not allowed to touch anything until the time.  They had workers at every pallet making sure no one tried to open things  up.

Quoting Bknotnobody:

yo_ho
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:38 PM

We got the Kinect and I think 4 games for $99 and Lightroom for photo editing for $99. Both are normally over $200 a piece. Both of those were online though. I just got a pair of $300 earrings for my aunt for $85 for Christmas. Just trying to get one more thing for my sister and DH trying to figure out what he wants and we are done!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)