Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much is too much?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:16 PM
  • 30 Replies
For you?

My friend and I were talking about Christmas shopping/gifts. She said she is going to spend on her dh roughly $3,000... Part of a dj system, I have NO idea what that includes.

I thinks it's kinda cool but HOLY COW!! I dont know of anyone else that spends more on their spouse than their kids. This particular friends tends to spoil her hubby.

I'm just gonna get dh some cologne, a hunting knife and something else. $100 tops. We go all out for our anny instead.

So are you spending over $1,000 on your man?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FL2AK
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:17 PM
2 moms liked this
I have in the past. If they can afford it who cares.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.mysweetmelissa
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:17 PM
I'm not sure, but expense is relative. If she can easily afford it, I don't see the issue. If she's going into debt or putting her family in financial jeopardy, then it's too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
markrobsmom
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:18 PM

$3000 dollars is a lot!

reese1206
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:18 PM
No. We don't exchange gifts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrickettyBoo
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:19 PM
It probably just caught me off guard lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinglife0682
My husband always spends over $1,000 on me. I spend close to $1,000 on him. This year we are limiting ourselves to $600 a piece. Our big present is new hard wood floors, concrete counters, an island and redoing our downstairs bathroom. Before we decided to do this, I was looking at a very expensive rifle.
charlene_kyle
1 mom liked this

Me and my husband are spending $100 on eachother. I would be super pissed if he spent thousands of dollars on me at Christmas. We have MUCH better things to spend that money on.

CrickettyBoo
That's what I said! Lol

Quoting markrobsmom:

$3000 dollars is a lot!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
two4one

Well, for his 40th birthday I was going to buy him a $25,000 car. But he figured out what I was doing. We bought the car together, and at the last minute decided it didn't quite feel right, since it wasn't his dream car. So we have decided to wait until next year when the V6 Mustang is redone and buy it then.

RedRozeMom
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 8:20 PM
If you got the money then I say go for it. Besides if the man is a damn good dj, he could make enough money that thing will pay itself off and much more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)