Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH thinks I should talk to my manager UPDATE

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:00 PM
  • 38 Replies

I'm going to try to make this as short as possible. I work part time on top of my full time job at an assited living facility. I work every other weekend with the same girl.

This is the type of crap that happens.

We had a hospice patient, who had 2 clip alarms becuase she fell. We were all instructed that if what your doing is NOT an emergency that alarm goes off you run, and you run fast......She was feeding a resident, and the alarm goes off I was passing meds.........Guess who ran???The resident had to use the bathroom, so i brought her out and said "C- take her to the bathroom please" she said "but I'm feeding J"....I said 'unless you can pass meds you need to do it" so she through a fit. I had a parkinsons patient whoses meds are scheduled on the dot to control spasms, can't be late.

She got a wild hair up her butt and decided she was going to shave a resident. On a SUNDAY, when we are swamped with visitors. 3rd shift does the shaving not 1rst for that very reason. She starts cursing me out in front of residents, visitors my children and my husband....and yet she still never did shave that man.

Now today, she walks behind me and removes dinner settings, I said 'we have to have a setting for all of them even if they wont eat" "she said no they dont" I just went on my way doing my job.........and she says "i hope you die."

It's time to toliet everyone, and she says "you better hurry up" while shes folding a towel........thats when i got mad and said "you work here too"

she still never helped. NEVER. It's always up to me to make sure stuff is done. Lunch is served anywhere from 1/2 hour early to an hour late. She does the cooking, so I can pass meds. I get done and offer to help and she throws hissy fits.

We are allotted 2 breaks a day. 15 mins each. She keeps pulling the same thing not taking her break until 2, and then saying I didn't get my 1rst break so takes a 1/2 hour break.............

Time to talk to manager or just keep sucking it up???

UPDATE: After our monthly meeting today, I did in fact talk to the managers, not only did I talk to the managers but another woman did as well. They said she can NOT act like that, be that disrespectful, and share personal and confidential information with other residents families........and they complimented me, and said you pull doubles all the time and you run circles around here, and going in that one residents room most of the staff wont even attempt it. So thats awesome of you.......Huge stress reliever right there. I know that since there was more than one staff member that had an issue with her disrespect this will be handled...Thankfully :)..Thank you all for your honest opinions and even though it was kind of common sense I didn't want to risk my job by being a tattle tale but I feel great right now....Thank you all.

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:02 PM
2 moms liked this

talk to a manager. You're doing your job, she's not. The manager needs to be aware.

mama_2_jasper
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:02 PM
Talk to a supervisor!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:02 PM

talk to manager asap just in case she decides to be spiteful and files false reports against you.

incognito116
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Quoting Mrs.Brugger:

talk to a manager. You're doing your job, she's not. The manager needs to be aware.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aichia
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:04 PM
Document it & talk to the manager. What she's doing falls under the broad brush of elder abuse. Someone calls the hotline or ombudsman & you'll all be investigated for abuse. Had it happen at a facility I worked in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allornone
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:05 PM

You need to report it because if something does happen god forbid you make a mistake while doing meds while this dead beat is doing absolutely nothing.  If you have a license and make a mistake you could lose it. Its not worth it.

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:07 PM

time to talk to manager. The hard part will be keep our emotions out of it.  Ihope your manager backs you and make some changes.

mamatocaleb
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:08 PM

That did happen one day, it was horrible. I get called in and written up, because she came back (sent by manager) to take care of a res. so I could pass a med. and I had no idea because well she NEVER does that, and I couldn't leave the res....

anyways back and forth the entire day, my allegations were true, hers were rediculous. Neither of us got any where. and it sucked.

I just don't want to lose my job, because i become a nark. and lets face it, in this economy who can risk putting their neck out there like that???

Quoting frndlyfn:

talk to manager asap just in case she decides to be spiteful and files false reports against you.

MommySwiggles
by Platinum Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Can you talk to her first?  Will she be responsive to a "woman to woman" talk?

mamatocaleb
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:11 PM

but Dh says its time to talk to manager, the way she talks to me in front of him, he says 'if it was a man he'd have his teeth knocked out" yeah that bad..and DH does NOT fight anyone...but it gets borderline disgusting the way she acts....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)